[iPad] iPad headphones work, speaker doesn't
Awesome port, yet another tremendous achievement so big congrats to Davilla and all involved in pulling this off.

Has anyone else had audio working through headphone socket only? Other apps work fine. With xbmc no sound comes through speakers and volume slider disappears from multiple tasking bar.

Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/gHJawbe9

Suggestions welcome.
gerner Wrote:Awesome port, yet another tremendous achievement so big congrats to Davilla and all involved in pulling this off.

Has anyone else had audio working through headphone socket only? Other apps work fine. With xbmc no sound comes through speakers and volume slider disappears from multiple tasking bar.

Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/46zWm33K

Suggestions welcome.

No problems here. Audio set to Analog, 2.0 and Default Output in Settings.
-stoli-
Thanks for the feedback.

Still no joy on my end. 1 extra detail: hardware volume control doesn't bring up volume OSD.

For stoli or anyone else with working speaker audio on iPad, what iOS version are you on?

Cheers.
4.2.1 - and I hate that apple decided to flip the hw rotate lock button to mute in this version. Angry

Have you tried just reinstalling xbmc?
-stoli-
Cool, thanks stoli. I got 4.2.1 here too.

Have tried re-installing a few times, included deleting everything in the XBMC/preferences folder.

Am going back to a fresh OS install now, reverting back to factory install and resyncing my apps / media. (goddang itunes is painful on Windows). Once complete I will jailbreak, install xbmc and see how I go.
I was sure that I wasn't getting any audio on my iphone with xbmc and I barreled through the forums, turns out my mute switch was on. I think you still get audio from headphones even if muted. Not saying that's your issue though.
Big Grin 
cdlenfert Wrote:I was sure that I wasn't getting any audio on my iphone with xbmc and I barreled through the forums, turns out my mute switch was on. I think you still get audio from headphones even if muted. Not saying that's your issue though.

Shocked You got it one, thanks very much for the pointer. I think I just won rtard of the year award, apologies for numptiness.
gerner Wrote:Shocked You got it one, thanks very much for the pointer. I think I just won rtard of the year award, apologies for numptiness.

LOL, I did the same thing at first.

It happens to the best of us. Cool
gerner Wrote:Shocked You got it one, thanks very much for the pointer. I think I just won rtard of the year award, apologies for numptiness.

...and I tried to push you in that direction with my last post. Big Grin. Could have quietly turned the mute off and come back with "yep, a reinstall did it!". Glad it's worked out.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:...and I tried to push you in that direction with my last post. Big Grin. Could have quietly turned the mute off and come back with "yep, a reinstall did it!". Glad it's worked out.

*Cough* yeah it's amazing what a reboot can do. Nothing to see here Big Grin
lol! Thanks for the thread!
I just got second place for retard of the year apparently! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] iPad headphones work, speaker doesn't0