• 55(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
Ok thx!
(2012-12-01, 22:53)Bertuz Wrote: Ok, thx for the help. A SACD has a stereo stream and sometimes multichannel streams, i thought that it would produce 1 Flac file

I think the only way one could have 2 streams (5.1 and 2.0) would be to use an .mka container, but xbmc doesn't support .mka tagging, so it wouldn't be able to be added to the music library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-12-01, 23:07)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 22:53)Bertuz Wrote: Ok, thx for the help. A SACD has a stereo stream and sometimes multichannel streams, i thought that it would produce 1 Flac file

I think the only way one could have 2 streams (5.1 and 2.0) would be to use an .mka container, but xbmc doesn't support .mka tagging, so it wouldn't be able to be added to the music library.
When converting SACD iso files in Foobar you can select if you want the 2.0 or 5.1 version (if available) to be converted.
^^^
You can also use xrecode, and it can convert DTS to whatever format you want including multichannel or stereo flac.
(2012-12-02, 04:01)atlind01 Wrote: ^^^
You can also use xrecode, and it can convert DTS to whatever format you want including multichannel or stereo flac.

Nice! Hadn't seen this one before. Thanks for the tip.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
"upmixing of stereo to full channel layout"

Crap - it just duplicates the channels! I want ProLogic II or some kind of virtual surround!!!
If you want it that badly, go out and buy a receiver capable of that. Old second hand DPLII capable receivers are available for virtually no money.
(2012-12-08, 20:52)a11599 Wrote: If you want it that badly, go out and buy a receiver capable of that. Old second hand DPLII capable receivers are available for virtually no money.

Seriously Smile, Yeah I want Audassey, DAC everything and then possibly 150Watts of amplification as well.

(2012-12-08, 20:52)a11599 Wrote: If you want it that badly, go out and buy a receiver capable of that. Old second hand DPLII capable receivers are available for virtually no money.

my receiver can do PLII, but i dont want to switch everytime to PLII.
(2012-12-09, 00:42)DocMAX Wrote:

That's rough, man. Must be difficult to enjoy anything!
(2012-12-09, 00:56)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 00:42)DocMAX Wrote:

That's rough, man. Must be difficult to enjoy anything!

lol
Hopefully this is the right place to post.....

I have an issue with the Audio Engine and DTS to DD....

My amp does not support DTS. In Eden it was able to take DTS and XBMC would send it to my amp as Dolby Digital - with sound coming out of all 5 speakers correctly.
However in Frodo - My amp reports the input signal is Dolby Digital 5.1 - But the sound is only coming out in Stereo (Front left & right).

I have confirmed this on my setup and a friends. (2 different computers, 2 different amps). In both cases the exact same. Amps report as DD but only stereo being played.

The setup:
PC to TV. Optical to amp.

Audio Output: Optical/Coax
Speaker Configuration: 5.1
-Dolby Digital (AC3) cable Receiver - ON
DTS capable receiver - OFF
AAC capable receiver - OFF
Audio Output Device: Direct Sound SPDIF
Passthrough output device: Direct Sound SPDIF

Use WASAPI. Somewhat confusingly also try with the audio output type as HDMI too. IIRC we set optical devices to 2ch for PCM, which is what the intermediate PCM format would be before recoding to DTS.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-01-15, 03:41)DDDamian Wrote: Use WASAPI. Somewhat confusingly also try with the audio output type as HDMI too. IIRC we set optical devices to 2ch for PCM, which is what the intermediate PCM format would be before recoding to DTS.

I tried WASAPI last night - but still got the same issue. DD reported by amp but only stereo from speakers
Audio Output Device : WASAPI ...
Passthrough Output Device: WASAPI...

When you say try setting to HDMI - you mean just setting the Audio Output to HDMI but still using my optical cable?
Correct - I suspect we're forcing to 2-channel after decoding the AC3 due to the optical setting, then recoding to DTS.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3