music album thumb doesn't recache
Any one know how I can easily force a refresh for the album thumbnail cache. If i update the cover.jpg it doesn't refresh until I delete the Thumbnail cache in the user folder. This is obviously very tiresome.

I read in the wiki it is supposed to recache if the checksum doesn't match but this never happens.
The checksum doesn't change because you replaced your original "cover.jpg" with a new one so the checksum over the path of your "cover.jpg" doesn't change. You can open up the music info dialog for the album and execute "Refresh" or use "Get thumb" to update to the new image.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The only place I can see to choose a new thumb is when look at the song information for the track. I can get the thumb to replace there but not when I am browsing the folders in the music category.

If I click "album information" on the folder it just cycles prompting me for the album and artist name and nothing further can be achieved
I have had the same problem for a long time, even after upgrading to Eden with the new Universal Scraper. These scrapers work fine with popular music, but for classical albums I usually get trapped in the infinite loop. This problem has been reported on several threads, but so far the only fix I know of is to delete the entire .../userdata/Thumbnails/Music folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music album thumb doesn't recache0