Guide Request - Upgrade from XBMC LIVE to XBMCbuntu
Looking for a guide to upgrade from XBMC Live to XBMCbuntu without fully wiping the device and re installing from a USB Key
Hi the Wiki guide is here.

I did have a few problems with it but then I am new to Linux but some of my issues can be seen here.

Good Luck

Alan
saintalan Wrote:Hi the Wiki guide is here.

I did have a few problems with it but then I am new to Linux but some of my issues can be seen here.

Good Luck

Alan
Ya not what I was looking for. That is a guide how to install XBMC live from scratch.. Looking for a way to upgrade from XBMC Live to XBMCbuntu since XBMC Live isn't being upgraded/supported anymore (haven't had a xbmc update since beta 2).
I hope they write a Guide for total noobs, I have never used linux before ever.
Numus Wrote:Ya not what I was looking for. That is a guide how to install XBMC live from scratch.. Looking for a way to upgrade from XBMC Live to XBMCbuntu since XBMC Live isn't being upgraded/supported anymore (haven't had a xbmc update since beta 2).

Apologies Numus, I don't fully understand your need.

I thought with Beta 3 Eden that XBMCBuntu effectively replaces XBMC LIVE.

As I said this is new to me but I did try Beta 3 Live and then installed it on my PC.

Cheers

Alan
GSP-UFC Wrote:I hope they write a Guide for total noobs, I have never used linux before ever.

Glad I am not alone!

Cheers

Alan
I'd like to second a request for a XBMC Live -> XBMCbuntu upgrade path.

Will it be as simple as editing the sources.list and doing apt-get dist-upgrade?
markfiend Wrote:Will it be as simple as editing the sources.list and doing apt-get dist-upgrade?

I hope it will be even simpler than that, or a step-by-step guide - I have no clue what an "apt-get dist-upgrade" is (although I get the general idea) :p
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guide Request - Upgrade from XBMC LIVE to XBMCbuntu0