GT430 questions before buying. Help needed.
Hi my currently setup is:

Lian Li PC-Q08 chassis.
CPU: Intel i3-2100 sandy bridge.
Motherboard: Asus Revision B3.

I currently have it running WHS 2011 + XBMC which is working good except that Intels IGP is not ideal to use. 24p, bad deinterlacing etc.

I have found GT430 low profile, which looks promising, but I have some questions before buying:

1. Which GT430 low profile model should I choose? My priorities is low power consumption and low noise.

I have read that GV-N430OC-1G only uses 2,7W in idle. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphic...html#sect0 Is that really true or is it to good to be true, because the Server/HTPC needs to be on 24/7 so power consumption is very important to me..

2. Will the GT430 fit in my Lian Li Chassis?

3. Can anyone with a GT430 measure/confirm the low power consumption?

Hope someone can help..
Bjur- I have GT430 and HD6450 in my Windows 7 HTPC's. I preferred HD6450 over GT430. GT430 is having macroblocking issue during ff/rw, and HD6450 is fine.

Since GT430 is in the same price range as HD6570, I'm recommending HD6570 over it- HIS H657H1G Radeon HD 6570 1GB. HD6570 has better performance and lower power consumption too. Here is the comparision- GeForce GT 430 vs Radeon HD 6570 (OEM) 1GB.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Macroblocking I believe to be resolved in Eden BTW. Doesn't help with power consumtion.

I will pipe in a bit on comparison. I have a HTPC with a GT430 GPU, just built a A6-3500 based PC for a friend. Using the same content on same TV, I do prefer the picture quality of the GT430 better. I could tell a difference, but can't tell what it was.

The A6-3500 is smoking though, I would build one in a second again. After a while, I don't think you'd notice it was bad or anything, it was just very different to my eyes.

For what it's worth..
Kirky99 Wrote:Macroblocking I believe to be resolved in Eden BTW. Doesn't help with power consumtion.
You're right. Since I playback mostly BD ISO's using TMT5 as external player to enjoy BD menus/chapter, I haven't pay very much attention to XBmC Macroblocking since Pre-Eden. I'm using RC2 now, and I just ff/rw BD. There is no more Macroblocking anymore. With that said, I still preferred HD6570 over GT430 because HD6570 has lower TDP and better performance.
HD6570 hands down!
Hmm now I got really confused. I have also considered Llano client build, which is expensive though compared to graphic card.

On one side I was counting on GT430 was the ideal choice for me, but now the HD6570 got more votes and has lower power consumtion than the GT430. Hmm.

My priorities is as mentioned earlier:

- Low power consumption (I'm guessing that when I disable Intels IGP I should also get a few watts extra to use for the graphic card correct?)

- Low noise

- Best possible picture quality. Possible use madvr at some point.

Does the HD6570 comes in no noise edition, and perhaps also low profile?

Regarding low profile I'm not sure if the Lian Li needs low profile or if I can use a regular.
Bjur Wrote:My priorities is as mentioned earlier:

- Low power consumption (I'm guessing that when I disable Intels IGP I should also get a few watts extra to use for the graphic card correct?)

- Low noise

- Best possible picture quality. Possible use madvr at some point.

Does the HD6570 comes in no noise edition, and perhaps also low profile?

Regarding low profile I'm not sure if the Lian Li needs low profile or if I can use a regular.
What you described above, fit the description of HD6570 I posted in post #2. It is fanless, and it is completely silent!
i have the HD6450 and it works great in my Core i3 machine. No issues what so ever when playing 1080p rips.
+1 for XFX HD6450
512M @ $23 AR - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814150581
1G @ $30 AR - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814150567
+1 for HD6450 - just hope ATI gets drivers up to snuff for Linux. Great for windows, but somewhat neglected for Linux.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Why is people recommending HD6450, is it better than HD6570?

Also I'm a little unsure about the HD6570. It has more power than the GT430 but still no perfect 23.976. I have read that GT430 can create custom framerates, which as far as I can see AMD can't?

I already have Zacate in the bedroom, and I think it provide good quality, but I am not fan of having to adjust each resolution and overscan.
Bjur Wrote:Why is people recommending HD6450, is it better than HD6570?
No, it is not. HD6570 is more powerful, but HD6450 is less expensive. It make HD6450 more attractive to HTPC users than HD6570.

Bjur Wrote:Also I'm a little unsure about the HD6570. It has more power than the GT430 but still no perfect 23.976.
HD6570 doesn't required more power than GT430. The max TDP for HD6570 is 50w, and the max TDP for GT430 is 60w.
I can't compare the GT430 with others but I have no problems running it ..

.. I took Nvidia 'cause I thought ..

a) graphics hardware acceleration is better supported ..

for Linux
- via VDPAU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Hardware_Acc...#ATI.2FAMD

for Windows
- via CUDA which works fine for example with encoders like Freemake Video converter (http://www.freemake.com/de/support/) ...

b) IMHO better drivers from NVIDIA .. I had a lot of trouble with ATI/AMD catalyst drivers with linux ...

I'm not sure if these are up-to-date information ! (so it's not about a Windows-Linux-Ati/AMD-vs.-NVidia posting Wink)

Passmarks:
HD6450 - 362
HD6570 - 862
GT430 - 673
Geforce 210 - 207
(http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php)

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Sorry to jump in but I have similar question. I'm running a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM with integrated Nividia 9400 and I've always had problems trying to get 24fps to play smoothly with it. I'd like to throw in a separate graphics card (which should also free up some memory). Is the XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB a good choice for this nvidia based board?

I was originally thinking of using the GT430 until I read this thread?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GT430 questions before buying. Help needed.0