• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC
I've recently installed OSMC RC2 which is based on Kodi 14.2 Helix.

I've got the Sickbeard XBMC addon installed from superrepo and it's configured and connected fine.

The problem I'm having is that none of the actions from the context menu are working. E.g. when I got into Manage Shows > Context Menu > Add New Show, nothing happens, it just returns to the list of shows. Same if I got to an episode > Context Menu > Set Episode Status, just goes back to the episode list.

Any idea's what is wrong here?

My guess would be that the plugin code needs updating to work with the most recent Kodi release? But I'm no expert!
(2015-01-27, 17:40)wripet Wrote: I am getting this error on 1.0.10 from the SB repo

Code:
16:37:10 T:139726006769408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: substring not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/main/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.settings
                                              File "/home/main/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/settings.py", line 96, in <module>
                                                __APIKey__ = GetAPIKey(__ip__, __port__, __ssl_bool__, __username__,__password__, __custom_url__)
                                              File "/home/main/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/settings.py", line 54, in GetAPIKey
                                                api_index = api_line.index("value=\"")+7
                                            ValueError: substring not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:37:10 T:139725880944384   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.sickbeard/

I'm on Kodi and using the SickRage fork. Any ideas?

I came across this same issue trying to get this addon working with SickRage BRANCH: (master) / COMMIT: (42b8d5a9c71c87fcde301967b6254ef08c3093ac) and Kodi 15.0 Alpha2.

My solution was to alter the addon code after it was installed. The error messages you are showing are due to the addon not being able to scrape the SickRage General webpage to find the API Key. Instead my fix is to add the API Key entry to the addon config settings. As well as fix several errors in the addon and modify the URL's to get the poster images working.

Here are my notes that fixed these issues for me:

Code:
Edit settings.py
- Allow for manual entry for API Key value.
- Does not run on SickRage due to the hackish scraping of the webpage to get the API Key.
- On SickRage the API Key is on the second tab of the webpage, and not in the same screen location as SickBeard.
- Adding the API Key to the settings page solves this problem.  UI's are always subject to change, and scraping the webpage is a point of failure.

Add line 68
__api_key__=__addon__.getSetting('API Key')
Replace line 96
__APIKey__ = GetAPIKey(__ip__, __port__, __ssl_bool__, __username__,__password__, __custom_url__)
with
__APIKey__ = __api_key__

Edit settings.xml
- Add API Key to UI.
Add line 14
<setting id="API Key" type="text" label="API Key" default="" />

Edit sickbeard.py
- Allow for SSL login (https) sites when retrieving images.
- Fix URL for retrieving images from SickRage.
Replace lines 61 to 73 with
  # Gets the show banner from Sickbeard  
  def GetShowBanner(self, show_id):
    if settings.__ssl_bool__ == "true":
        return 'https://'+settings.__ip__+':'+settings.__port__+'/cache/images/'+str(show_id)+'.banner.jpg'
    else:
        return 'http://'+settings.__ip__+':'+settings.__port__+'/cache/images/'+str(show_id)+'.banner.jpg'

# Check if there is a cached thumbnail to use, if not use Sickbeard poster
  def GetShowPoster(self, show_id):
      if settings.__ssl_bool__ == "true":
        return 'https://'+settings.__ip__+':'+settings.__port__+'/cache/images/'+str(show_id)+'.poster.jpg'
      else:
        return 'http://'+settings.__ip__+':'+settings.__port__+'/cache/images/'+str(show_id)+'.poster.jpg'

Edit history.py
- Pass just one value of array to fix image name error.
Replace line 16
show_names[show_name] = str(tvdbid)
with
show_names[show_name] = str(tvdbid[0])
Carey, great job! With your fixes it now works with newer versions of SickRage.
Thanks a lot.
Not sure if this is still being developed but if it is then this project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

You should not use "Kodi" or "XBMC" in the name of unoffical products, see this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).
(2015-06-08, 03:04)Carey Wrote:
Code:
Add line 68
__api_key__=__addon__.getSetting('API Key')
Replace line 96
with
__APIKey__ = __api_key__

I think you could just
Code:
Replace line 96
with
__APIKey__ = __addon__.getSetting('API Key')

no need to set 2 variables.

who's maintaining this? could it be moved to github and "revived"? so people could update it here and there?

cheers.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
The original code is hosted at https://code.google.com/p/sickbeard-xbmc/

There was a fork done with a few commits at https://github.com/amitkeret/sickbeard-x...its/master but hasn't been updated since late 2013.

Reviving it would make sense, perhaps creating a new github org and adding the interested people as contributors?

BTW, I've just pressed the "Export to GitHub" buttton and the result was: https://github.com/dmarcelino/sickbeard-xbmc/
Since I posted my fix to get it working with SickRage, I've continued to work on it adding features. making some cosmetic changes, and fixing bugs. The most notable would be that I added show and episode lookups from theTVdb.com. I am soon going to post and share the addon with the changes I've made.

What is the protocol for forking someone else's project on here and reposting it? Do I seek permission from the original author, or is it basically free game? This will be my first xbmc addon project.

The pause/resume feature also depends on a fix I've offered to the SickRage project, as there is a bug in the webapi.py that hasn't been committed yet.
https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage/pull/1947

Here is a list of the changes I've made so far.

- Expanded original work done by Zach Moore (v.1.0.10), and adapted for SickRage.
- Updated icon images for SickRage.
- Allow for manual entry for SickRage API Key value.
Original work did not run on SickRage due to the hackish scraping of the webpage to get the API Key.
On SickRage the API Key is on the second tab of the webpage, and not in the same screen location as SickBeard.
Added the API Key to the settings page solved this problem. UI's are always subject to change, and scraping the webpage is a point of failure.
- Allow for SSL login (https) sites when retreiving images.
- Fix URL for retreiving images from SickRage.
- Fixed "Manage Shows > Force Search" not working to become Force Show Update.
- Added the same context menu to the "Coming Episodes" show list as the "Manage Shows" list.
- Added "Paused" status text after show names for show "Pause/Resume" status.
- Added show posters to all lists.
- Added show and episode information lookups from theTVdb.com.
- Allow for escaping/exiting prompts without continuing.
- Updated 'Add New Show' to include "Any" selection and updated code.
- Added option to remove all files when deleting shows.
- Added text colour highlighting for quicker reading.
- Added "Continuing/Ended" status to show list.
- Added "Aired Date" to episode list.
- Changed "Manual Episode Search" to "Download Episode".
- Bug fixes.
I already had a fork with the latest fixes here:

don't mean to override @oWarchild

let's decide someone willing to maintain this as a coordinator...

if @oWarchild is willing to coordinate this I'd be happy to create a PR for your github fork so you have the updated version,

otherwise we can group on mine @:

https://github.com/fastcolors/plugin.program.sickrage

mine also include an ARG to add a show automatically without having to type the name. (so it can automatically work tighter with for example the extended info addon)

edit:

sorry didn't read upstair post at time of writing mine.

I'm extremely ok with working on yours Carey.

will fork from yours and add a couple PR Smile

edit2: where's your git repo for the addon?
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Given @Carey seems to be ahead of everyone on this, his git repo sounds like the best starting point! Smile

Later, if it makes sense and if he agrees, he can move the repo to an org created for maintaining the addon.
(2015-06-17, 16:51)Carey Wrote: What is the protocol for forking someone else's project on here and reposting it? Do I seek permission from the original author, or is it basically free game? This will be my first xbmc addon project.

I'm not sure there is one but it's usually a good idea to reach out to the original author. Given how long the project has been stale I'm pretty sure he will agree with the fork. We need to move the project to github anyway since google code is being retired.
(2015-06-17, 17:54)oWarchild Wrote:
(2015-06-17, 16:51)Carey Wrote: What is the protocol for forking someone else's project on here and reposting it? Do I seek permission from the original author, or is it basically free game? This will be my first xbmc addon project.

I'm not sure there is one but it's usually a good idea to reach out to the original author. Given how long the project has been stale I'm pretty sure he will agree with the fork. We need to move the project to github anyway since google code is being retired.

I tried to send a private message on here to him, but for some reason I don't understand, my account can't send pvt messages. Have you guys seen this before? I'm logged in and my account is activated. His original post says to submit posts here to contact him. His account hasn't been used since a year ago according to his profile. Maybe he has pvt messages turned off. I would think if he checks the thread he'll see these posts, and if so please let me (us) know if you are okay forking your project. I plan to show credit to his original work in the addon.

Currently the code I'm working on isn't on github but I will do so in the very near future. Just yesterday I was learning how to create a repo of my own on my own server to host the addon, not knowing if there would be any interest. But since you guys are obviously interested and may want to contribute, it may be a good idea for me to post it there. Give me a day or two to get it up.
Thanks!

Having a live and active github repo will help the addon a lot, I'm sure.
Hey everyone,

I'm happy to see that this project still has a following and people want to move it forward. I'm absolutely ok with this project being moved over to a new repo. I've tried to revisit this project and at least fix it occasionally when things break, but I haven't been actively paying attention to it. This was originally just something I wanted for myself so I created it. Afterwards, I decided to put it out there for anyone else that wanted it as well. So please, feel free to fork this and build upon it. Now that I am aware of the current activity I'll try to keep up with it's status more often. I haven't been using python too much these days so I may be a bit rusty, but I can lend a hand if need be. So let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
(2015-06-18, 03:48)Maniaczm Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm happy to see that this project still has a following and people want to move it forward. I'm absolutely ok with this project being moved over to a new repo. I've tried to revisit this project and at least fix it occasionally when things break, but I haven't been actively paying attention to it. This was originally just something I wanted for myself so I created it. Afterwards, I decided to put it out there for anyone else that wanted it as well. So please, feel free to fork this and build upon it. Now that I am aware of the current activity I'll try to keep up with it's status more often. I haven't been using python too much these days so I may be a bit rusty, but I can lend a hand if need be. So let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Thank you for commenting on this. I really appreciate you giving permission to use your code from all your hard work. I`m glad you noticed the activity in the thread, I feel much better about expanding on your project now. I`ve recently put numerous hours of my own time into adding on to it for my own benefit and use, and decided that maybe I should share the changes with others if they find it useful as well.

As you mentioned in your first post on this thread, it was your first XBMC addon project. Expanding on it for my own purposes also turns out to be my first XBMC project. I've uploaded my version to github a few hours ago, and it's also my first project to be hosted on github, so both come with a learning curve for me.

I'll post the link below. But I'd could use some advice to resolve one issue that is bothering me. Does anyone know what the best or usual way is to deal with required addons that aren't part of the official Kodi Repository? I'm using two library addons from a dev that goes by the name Eldorados, that I'm using to pull the show and episode data from theTVdb.com. His libraries were pulled from the official Kodi Repository due to not being used by any official addons. So I have yet to learn what the best way is to deal with the importing of remote libraries. Do you simply tell the users in a text file that they need to first download and install these other addons manually? Or is there some other poorly documented approach that allows for importing a non official required addon? I'm also learning how to create a repository, and thought maybe it's acceptable to include someone else's addons in your own repository, which might at least make it easier for the user to find the library addons. If anyone has some constructive insight into this I'd appreciate the advice.

But till I resolve that, you'll have to manually install the two library addons first:

Eldorados/script.module.metahandler
https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.metahandler

Eldorados/script.module.addon.common
https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.addon.common

And the SickRage addon I've been working on is now at:
https://github.com/Hiltronix/plugin.video.sickrage
Good news, I've just starred the project Wink

I'm affraid I've never developed any kodi addon so I don't know how to add libraries.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC2