• 10(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-05-31, 08:38)Stildawn Wrote: 2) When the artist changes, the arts don't. It just keeps swapping art from the previous artist. I even clicked stop which returned the main menu back its normal image. And then I started a separate artist and it was still stuck on the previous artists art?

A deug log would be helpful to see if this is really an issue with the addon, the skin, or something in your setup.
Terribly sorry guys, it looks like I just didnt understand how the add on worked.

From what I gather it displays art from the album level, and it downloads it while playing correct?

I messed around last night and it does indeed change with the changing tracks, just that the delay is if it needs to download new stuff. By trial and error it looks like it downloads (and assigns) art on an album level so even changing to a different album will cause a delay.

Its all working now haha, now that I understand I have to give it a chance to download/assign art for each album.

When I swap between songs in two albums I have previously played before the change of art is almost instant, perfect.

Thanks for the awesome add on, it has some real show off potential here lol.
(2012-05-31, 23:34)Stildawn Wrote: From what I gather it displays art from the album level, and it downloads it while playing correct?

I messed around last night and it does indeed change with the changing tracks, just that the delay is if it needs to download new stuff. By trial and error it looks like it downloads (and assigns) art on an album level so even changing to a different album will cause a delay.

It's on an artist basis. If you listen to the same artist but songs from a different album there should be no delay. In fact, Artist Slideshow won't even change (or stop downloading) anything until you have actually change artists.
Ah ok yeah I see now.

Awesome add on, is there away to add my own created art into the mix for certain artists which dont show any art?

Cheers
(2012-06-03, 10:19)Stildawn Wrote: Awesome add on, is there away to add my own created art into the mix for certain artists which dont show any art?

Yes. See the first post for the link to the add-on wiki page that explains all the settings.
(2012-05-31, 16:11)sstavross Wrote: 1. Again you can enable/disable this zooming in and out in the skin's settings.

Hello, I need little help with this Add-On Huh

I want to do exactly the opposite of the user you helped, When I enable this addon I see the pictures but they are statics, I want to have them displayed with zoom in/out effect to give a little movement effect to the background, but I can´t find any zoom setting in confluence EDEN Skin settings.

If there is no Zoom effect control in Confluence how can I mode this add-on to have movement (like artic slideshow for screensaver).

Thank you!
(2012-06-17, 15:39)CaBrA Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 16:11)sstavross Wrote: 1. Again you can enable/disable this zooming in and out in the skin's settings.

Hello, I need little help with this Add-On Huh

I want to do exactly the opposite of the user you helped, When I enable this addon I see the pictures but they are statics, I want to have them displayed with zoom in/out effect to give a little movement effect to the background, but I can´t find any zoom setting in confluence EDEN Skin settings.

If there is no Zoom effect control in Confluence how can I mode this add-on to have movement (like artic slideshow for screensaver).

The modifications to the Confluence skin use the standard multi-image control, and it doesn't look like that control does any of the pan or zoom effects. I'm not sure how that is done in other skins. If you figure that out, you can modify MusicVisualization.xml to mirror those other skins. The only caveat is that the way the other skins do it must be able to accept the path to a folder of images.
Yes, i noticed the zoom effect but couldnt apply per image setting. the pictures now zoom in and out but looks ugly cause the same image do both effects. Sad
Fantastic add-on. Simply.

Two questions however:

1. If I go from one artists to another (or, say, listen to an album with multiple artists), it takes sometimes quite a while before the fanart for the new artist appears. Like, if I go from a song with Moby to a song with Coldplay, it displays Moby pictures while I listen to Coldplay... You know what I mean? Smile

2. Would it be possible to also have it working with www.fanart.tv? Last.fm and htbackdrops especially are just fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have one more source to download from, now would it? Wink

Kind regards,
Rasmus
(2012-06-18, 03:18)Hetoft Wrote: 1. If I go from one artists to another (or, say, listen to an album with multiple artists), it takes sometimes quite a while before the fanart for the new artist appears. Like, if I go from a song with Moby to a song with Coldplay, it displays Moby pictures while I listen to Coldplay... You know what I mean? Smile
The slideshow won't change to the new artist until there is at least one image downloaded. If you have a slowish internet connection, the first image is particularly large, or you are filtering out non 16:9 images from last.fm, then those things can cause the delay. You'll find the change over pretty fast for locally cached stuff.

Quote:2. Would it be possible to also have it working with www.fanart.tv? Last.fm and htbackdrops especially are just fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have one more source to download from, now would it? Wink
I've been thinking about adding that. At first I was waiting for the new fanart.tv to release with the new API. I'm pretty sure that has happened, so now my excuse is I haven't gotten inspired to add it. Wink It's on the list though, I promise.
(2012-06-18, 03:28)pkscuot Wrote: [quote='Hetoft' pid='1129519' dateline='1339982329']
Quote:2. Would it be possible to also have it working with www.fanart.tv? Last.fm and htbackdrops especially are just fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have one more source to download from, now would it? Wink
I've been thinking about adding that. At first I was waiting for the new fanart.tv to release with the new API. I'm pretty sure that has happened, so now my excuse is I haven't gotten inspired to add it. Wink It's on the list though, I promise.

That API was finished a long time ago Tongue
You do have one problem though. You can't search by artist name. Only by MBID. Since there are a lot of artist that have simulair names i'm not sot if searching by artist would really work too. MBID isn't stored in library. Hopefully it will be in Frodo.

If you want extrafanart from fanart.tv it's best to just use cdArt Manager.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-18, 03:28)pkscuot Wrote: The slideshow won't change to the new artist until there is at least one image downloaded. If you have a slowish internet connection, the first image is particularly large, or you are filtering out non 16:9 images from last.fm, then those things can cause the delay. You'll find the change over pretty fast for locally cached stuff.

Sounds nice. Smile Thanks for the answer. However, how about using the "fallback" folder for when a new artist's photos are in the process of being downloaded? That way, we could create a folder with only one picture in it (be it black, our XBMC background etc.) and have that display, right until the moment when the first image gets downloaded for a new artist? I'd much rather like that, instead of having it display pictures of the previous artist.

I'm not that much in to code, but something tells me this wouldn't be too hard to implement, no?
(2012-06-18, 12:36)Hetoft Wrote: but something tells me this wouldn't be too hard to implement, no?

Never ever say such a thing Cool
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-18, 12:45)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 12:36)Hetoft Wrote: but something tells me this wouldn't be too hard to implement, no?

Never ever say such a thing Cool

Haha, yeah... That wasn't very clever. I see that now. Big Grin
(2012-06-18, 08:30)Martijn Wrote: You do have one problem though. You can't search by artist name. Only by MBID. Since there are a lot of artist that have simulair names i'm not sot if searching by artist would really work too. MBID isn't stored in library. Hopefully it will be in Frodo.

Oh, good. I can push this feature request off until Frodo is out then. Wink
(2012-06-18, 12:36)Hetoft Wrote: [quote='pkscuot' pid='1129522' dateline='1339982937']
Sounds nice. Smile Thanks for the answer. However, how about using the "fallback" folder for when a new artist's photos are in the process of being downloaded? That way, we could create a folder with only one picture in it (be it black, our XBMC background etc.) and have that display, right until the moment when the first image gets downloaded for a new artist? I'd much rather like that, instead of having it display pictures of the previous artist.

I'll have to look into that. It will require another setting in the preferences (which are borderline too confusing anyway), but it is, in theory, doable. I just need to decide if it's something that really *should* be added. Anyone else have any thoughts?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5