• 179(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2021-06-08, 02:09)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 13:49)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 02:49)RKCRLR Wrote: Interesting.  I was referred to this add-on because it was thought that Estuary did support artist information.  I do know I can see artist information, it just doesn't show while playing.  

Because of some previous experience and the WAF I want to stick with the official Kodi skin.  

How do I get the artwork to work?  

Thanks
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information while music is playing (which you have discovered). If you've gone into the AS settings and turned on the download for at least one music artwork source, AS should display artwork in the background when ever you bring up the full screen music without having to do anything else.

BTW, if the artist information while playing music is really important, you might at least take a look at my Estuary mod. It's like 99% stock Estuary with some more flexibility on how the main menu is ordered (and the extra AS stuff). You could probably swap it in and not really notice at all that you had changed it.

I've installed your Estuary mod and have been using it for a couple of weeks now (Thanks!).  One thing I've discovered is there is no longer a TV submenu for Channel Groups.  I went to Skin settings>Catagories but there only 2 options for TV submenus, and neither one can be changed to Channel Groups.  

Am I missing something?
No, I suspect I missed that. The channel groups submenu is either new for Matrix and I missed it during the transition or it was in Leia too and I missed it there as well.  I'll have to look into it.  I'll try and make some time this weekend.
(2021-06-08, 13:40)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:09)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 13:49)pkscout Wrote: Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information while music is playing (which you have discovered). If you've gone into the AS settings and turned on the download for at least one music artwork source, AS should display artwork in the background when ever you bring up the full screen music without having to do anything else.

BTW, if the artist information while playing music is really important, you might at least take a look at my Estuary mod. It's like 99% stock Estuary with some more flexibility on how the main menu is ordered (and the extra AS stuff). You could probably swap it in and not really notice at all that you had changed it.

I've installed your Estuary mod and have been using it for a couple of weeks now (Thanks!).  One thing I've discovered is there is no longer a TV submenu for Channel Groups.  I went to Skin settings>Catagories but there only 2 options for TV submenus, and neither one can be changed to Channel Groups.  

Am I missing something?
No, I suspect I missed that. The channel groups submenu is either new for Matrix and I missed it during the transition or it was in Leia too and I missed it there as well.  I'll have to look into it.  I'll try and make some time this weekend.

Did you ever get a chance to look into this?
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
(2021-07-05, 22:48)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 13:40)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:09)RKCRLR Wrote: I've installed your Estuary mod and have been using it for a couple of weeks now (Thanks!).  One thing I've discovered is there is no longer a TV submenu for Channel Groups.  I went to Skin settings>Catagories but there only 2 options for TV submenus, and neither one can be changed to Channel Groups.  

Am I missing something?

Sorry, no. Not yet.  It is on my list, I just can't commit to when I'm going to have time to look at it.
(2021-07-06, 14:20)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 22:48)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 13:40)pkscout Wrote: No, I suspect I missed that. The channel groups submenu is either new for Matrix and I missed it during the transition or it was in Leia too and I missed it there as well.  I'll have to look into it.  I'll try and make some time this weekend.

Sorry, no. Not yet.  It is on my list, I just can't commit to when I'm going to have time to look at it.
I found another slight problem.  I have some channel numbers that are 3 digits (XXX.X).  The channel numbers get truncated to "XX..." in the Channels view.  The regular Estuary skin shoes them correctly.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
Top ... Great ... the new fix for Nightly Kodi 20 Alpha ... thanks pkscout Smile ... the addon works  without problems under Windows 10 and Android 9.
(2021-02-04, 23:17)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 10:19)RobinTW Wrote: AS creates an empty folder if no such artist image/info is available.  How do I get AS to stop creating those empty folders?
I could've sworn I had fixed that.  AS still creates the folder, but if it's empty at the end I'm pretty sure it deletes it (or is suppose to). If you can tell me an artist where you are seeing that, I can do some checking here on my end.

Strange.  If I set the destination of the AIF on my NAS, then AS does not delete empty folders after they are created.
(2021-08-23, 17:20)RobinTW Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 23:17)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 10:19)RobinTW Wrote: AS creates an empty folder if no such artist image/info is available.  How do I get AS to stop creating those empty folders?
I could've sworn I had fixed that.  AS still creates the folder, but if it's empty at the end I'm pretty sure it deletes it (or is suppose to). If you can tell me an artist where you are seeing that, I can do some checking here on my end.

Strange.  If I set the destination of the AIF on my NAS, then AS does not delete empty folders after they are created.
I'd need to see a full debug log, but that potentially points to either a permissions issue or maybe an issue with Kodi's virtual file system (which is the thing that interfaces between Kodi and the actual mounts).
(2021-08-23, 18:44)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-08-23, 17:20)RobinTW Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 23:17)pkscout Wrote: I could've sworn I had fixed that.  AS still creates the folder, but if it's empty at the end I'm pretty sure it deletes it (or is suppose to). If you can tell me an artist where you are seeing that, I can do some checking here on my end.

I'd need to see a full debug log, but that potentially points to either a permissions issue or maybe an issue with Kodi's virtual file system (which is the thing that interfaces between Kodi and the actual mounts).

Strange.  I tried it on my Win10 PC and it worked normally.  It just has problems on my RPi 3B+.

Here is the log.
(2021-08-24, 06:56)RobinTW Wrote:
(2021-08-23, 18:44)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-08-23, 17:20)RobinTW Wrote: Strange.  If I set the destination of the AIF on my NAS, then AS does not delete empty folders after they are created.

Strange.  I tried it on my Win10 PC and it worked normally.  It just has problems on my RPi 3B+.

Here is the log.
That certainly points to some kind of configuration difference on the RPi.  I noticed you are using SMB.  You might check to make sure both instances of Kodi are using the same SMB version when connecting.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/SMB_Client
(2021-08-24, 13:48)pkscout Wrote: That certainly points to some kind of configuration difference on the RPi.  I noticed you are using SMB.  You might check to make sure both instances of Kodi are using the same SMB version when connecting.

Settings/Services/SMB_Client (wiki)
I think they are the same version or AS won't create any folder on the NAS.  I tried setting min and max as shown in the wiki, but it did not work.
Is there a way to make the artist image slide time longer(30 - 40 sec)? i tried with different skins. maybe other people has ask this question but i can't find the answer...
(2021-10-30, 13:25)zor ba Wrote: Is there a way to make the artist image slide time longer(30 - 40 sec)? i tried with different skins. maybe other people has ask this question but i can't find the answer...

Does the delay between slide transitions setting not allow you to do that?

(2021-10-30, 13:48)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-10-30, 13:25)zor ba Wrote: Is there a way to make the artist image slide time longer(30 - 40 sec)? i tried with different skins. maybe other people has ask this question but i can't find the answer...

Ok! thanks M8
I still use the old version 2.15 and there is no option
(2021-10-30, 13:48)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Works now with the standard skin but my image is dimmed, any id why?
(2021-10-30, 14:53)zor ba Wrote: Works now with the standard skin but my image is dimmed, any id why?
AS only tells the skin what image to display.  The actual display of the image is done by the skin.  So that question is best asked in the skin support thread for whatever skin you are using.
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5