• 139(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2017-08-12, 10:17)sprogger Wrote: PK
Many thanks ... as a complete newbie my learning curve is straight up at the moment.

Found the MusicVisualization.xml file in Windows/User/me/appdata etc etc ... must say most of it is a foreign language to me .. changed various settings but cant get the desired affect

Will ask the skin creator for help..

I will say what a great add on though ... kudos for inventing

Cheers
Sprogger

Thanks, although I didn't invent it. I just took over the maintenance on it a few years ago.
PK
Managed to get the Chroma skin slideshow working beautifully with the help of the skin author Tgx.

Am now looking at Album Info and Artist Bio .. in both I have enabled the audiodb.com and last.fm option with audiodb set at 1, last.fm set at 5

All my tracks (flac) are tagged with Artist, Album and Album Artist tags ..

Apologies for the newbie question that follows

When does ArtistSlideShow go to "fetch" the information from the music library I have previously loaded?
(I have hit play on some albums but it does not appear to update the info at that time)

When it retrieves the Album/Artist info where does it store the information?..

Cheers
Sprogger
Just a HU -- link to the wiki in the first post is broken.

scott s.
Hello Pkscout,

Hoping you or others can help me with a couple issues. As a preface, I'm running 17.3 on a Win10 laptop and also on an Android tablet. Both using Amber skin.

My main issue is with exclusions. I have my thumbs separate from my music with an \artist\extrafanart folder structure and a _exclusions.nfo file in each extrafanart folder. Each jpg that I'm trying to exclude is listed on its own line and includes the jpg extension. This is not working...unwanted images keep coming back. Would not be surprised if the problem is something stupid I've done, but here's my logfile if needed: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25362826/
Sorry in advance for not disabling "create hash file" before turning on logging.

Second issue popped up when I read the logfile just now. Here's the section that gives me pause -

Quote:10:29:13.449 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] checking for D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Adele\extrafanart
10:29:13.449 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Adele\extrafanart does not exist, creating it
10:29:13.450 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] move 12d07e97 to D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Adele\extrafanart
10:29:13.680 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] checking for D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Alison Krauss\extrafanart
10:29:13.680 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Alison Krauss\extrafanart does not exist, creating it
10:29:13.680 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] move 4562b16c to D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\Alison Krauss\extrafanart
10:29:13.728 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] checking for D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\10,000 Maniacs\extrafanart
10:29:13.729 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\10,000 Maniacs\extrafanart does not exist, creating it
10:29:13.729 T:4908 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow Helper] move abb87c98 to D:\LocalStuff\Kodithumbs\10,000 Maniacs\extrafanart
10:29:13.764 T:4908 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow Helper] script stopped

The problem is that those artists and folders already existed and is where AS is pointed to find the thumbs I do want.
Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Bryan
I'm pretty sure the exclusions logic isn't working. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but I notice the same issue on my production machine as well from time to time. I need to make some time to look at that.

The other issue related to AS saying the folder doesn't exist probably doesn't matter. I'll check to see why it's reporting false missing folders, but the worst case scenario is that is tries to create a folder that already exists (and that does nothing).
(2017-08-21, 18:41)pkscout Wrote: I'm pretty sure the exclusions logic isn't working. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but I notice the same issue on my production machine as well from time to time. I need to make some time to look at that.

The other issue related to AS saying the folder doesn't exist probably doesn't matter. I'll check to see why it's reporting false missing folders, but the worst case scenario is that is tries to create a folder that already exists (and that does nothing).

Thanks for the quick reply - at least now I won't spend time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Worse case, I'll just wait until I think I've scrapped as much art as possible then disable remote fetching and then clean up the folders.
Thanks again,
Bryan
AS is not working on kodi 18 Estuary Skin.

Please your help
Estuary dont have AS support
(2017-10-13, 14:40)arzaz Wrote: AS is not working on kodi 18 Estuary Skin.

Please your help

(2017-10-13, 17:10)meowmoo Wrote: Estuary dont have AS support

Just to expand a little, AS only figures out what folder of images should be shown.  The skin is responsible for showing it.  None of the default Kodi skins support AS (Confluence, Estuary, Estouchy).  I generally provide a modified version of the default skin (so for 17 that's Estuary) that supports AS, but I don't tend to do those mods until very late in the beta process or sometimes not until the next version is released.  I don't know if the v17 version of my mod will work in v18 or not, but if you go to the AS wiki page there is information on downloading the repo for the skin mods, so you could download it and try.  But my bet is it'll be broken ins strange ways.
Need help, can't get it to work:

Windows 7, nox5, Kodi 17.4

Folder structure:

Music/Celine Dion/

Under celine dion folder I have a fanart.jpg and extrafanart folder with 10 images: fanart0, fanart1, etc.
Also under celine dion folder album name/tracks

https://pastebin.com/FmFQpQMA

Can't get artist slideshow to work, below are settings:

edit: started from scratch and it now works!
Hi,

I installed this addon from official KODI repository. I have Kodi 17.5 on OSMC + Raspberry with Estuary skin. It doesn't work.
I configured the addon to take images from fanart.tv and I also configured a Client API Key.
It's not clear to me how it is expected to work.
I read I should use an Estuary skin mod but it's not clear to me if it is an additional module to the official Estuary skin or simply an Estuary modified skin (in the latter case I didn't like it because if I update the skin with latest fix I lost Artist Slideshow feature).
I read all the documentation for Add-on but I am still in trouble.
Can someone help me to clarify my doubts?
Its a different skin entirely. Install from the thread in the estuary forum.
(2017-11-09, 09:30)sasadangelo Wrote: Hi,

I installed this addon from official KODI repository. I have Kodi 17.5 on OSMC + Raspberry with Estuary skin. It doesn't work.
I configured the addon to take images from fanart.tv and I also configured a Client API Key.
It's not clear to me how it is expected to work.
I read I should use an Estuary skin mod but it's not clear to me if it is an additional module to the official Estuary skin or simply an Estuary modified skin (in the latter case I didn't like it because if I update the skin with latest fix I lost Artist Slideshow feature).
I read all the documentation for Add-on but I am still in trouble.
Can someone help me to clarify my doubts?

On the wiki page section 4.1 has a link to my skin repo (use the Helix or later link).  Once you install that repo you can then select to install my Estuary mod that has Artist Slideshow support.
Hi,
Thanks for reply. But your mod is an Estuary skin modified by yourself or just an additional addon that in combination with my Estuary will support Artist Slideshow.
In the former case my fear is that I will have an Estuary skin that will be overridden whenever I update OSMC (usually once every two months).
Hi,
Thanks for reply. But your mod is an Estuary skin modified by yourself or just an additional addon that in combination with my Estuary will support Artist Slideshow.
In the former case my fear is that I will have an Estuary skin that will be overridden whenever I update OSMC (usually once every two months).
What happen if Estuary team  do a set of fixes to the skin? Do you back port them in your own?
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5