• 155(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2019-11-11, 23:19)black_eagle Wrote: Oh yes, it works perfectly well, just I saw no update of the progress bar (and I moved over 22,000 files).  Perhaps it's related to something in V19 as I'm using an up-to-date master build.  Not too worried myself really, as it's a one-shot deal anyway and I can wait for the pop-up to tell me it's finished.

Thanks for the help and indeed for continuing to maintain AS and improve it.  It's much appreciated. 

Yea, I haven't tested on Matrix at all.  I have a Kodi 18 build here for testing that has Python3, so at least I'm able to keep up with the 2/3 compatibility stuff for now.  Once Matrix hits alpha I'll get it installed here for testing and see if I can replicate the problem.
After a bit of digging, I have found that it doesn't work for me because of the floor division here.

There are 4664 directories but
python:
Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct 7 2019, 12:59:55)
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> print(100//4664)
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2019-11-12, 10:29)black_eagle Wrote: After a bit of digging, I have found that it doesn't work for me because of the floor division here.

There are 4664 directories but
python:
Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct 7 2019, 12:59:55)
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> print(100//4664)
Nice catch.  I'll look at the python docs for the dialog box and see if it'll take a decimal. If not, I'll add some logic somehow to do progress for more than 100 directories.
Just an FYI for folks that the new-version branch of the repo is now up to 3.0.0~beta8.  It fixes any issues anyone has reported here plus a couple others I found all by myself.  If you're testing and have any issues, please refresh your install (same instructions as in this post) before posting.  Also, I submitted pull requests to the Kodi folks for Estuary both in Leia and Matrix, and they've been accepted.  Those changes should hopefully arrive in 18.5 and 19.0~alpha 1 (if I'm reading the PR tags right).
Update on 3.x Release Timing

I just confirmed that the changes in Estuary needed to support both AS 2.x and 3.x made it into 18.5, and 18.5 was released sometime in the last few days.  I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks (some personal stuff and then the Thanksgiving holiday in the US), and I don't want to push an update into the beta repo and then be unavailable.  It also looks like Matrix is on a pretty aggressive release schedule, and if I'm reading the blog correctly it could be released by the end of this year (note: this is my take on the blog post, not an official stance).  Given all that, here's the planned release schedule for AS 3.x.

Week of December 2: Artist Slideshow 3.0.0~beta8 released into my beta repo channel for wider (and final) testing
Week of December 16: AS 3.x pull request sent to main repo.  Based on past experience it will be at least a week before it goes live, but it may take longer if there are fixes I need to make to satisfy the build tests.  Given that, I may submit earlier if there are no issues reported during the final testing.

That will hopefully get AS released before the end of the year (and in time for Matrix), and AS 3.x will be the only version of AS available for Matrix.  If you're on any other version of Kodi and you're skin doesn't support AS 3.x, you can stay on AS 2.x, but AS 2.x will receive no updates or bug fixes moving forward.
There is a new beta release imminent if you are using my beta repo.  Please note that this version requires updated skin support.  If you are using Estuary in Kodi 18.5 or later, there is already support for the new version of Artist Slideshow included.  My Estuary mod also includes the necessary support.  If, after upgrading, your skin no longer displays images and instead only shows an upgrade message, please contact the skin author or see below for examples on how to fix it manually.

v.3.0.0 Beta
- rewrite to use a single image control instead of multi-image control in skin
- reworked settings
- added option to disable extranfanart folder
- added option to control time between slide transitions
- outdated language files removed, so AS is English only for now (sorry)
- removed option to have a pop up displayed when downloading artwork
- AS can now store images and information files in separate directory structure
- updated settings to allow for storing music in Kodi music folder
- AS now deletes empty artist information and artwork folders

In order to get the support for the new Kodi music artist folder to work, I had to fundamentally change the way AS displays images.  With 3.0.0, AS now uses a single image control to show artwork and programmatically gets the list of images *and* controls the timing and order of the slideshow.

Skin Updates
I'll show my Estuary update as an example.

Original Estuary code in MusicVisualization.xml (lines 17 - 32):
xml:

<control type="image">
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
    <texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
</control>
<control type="multiimage">
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)</visible>
</control>

To get both 2.x and 3.x support, replace the above with:
xml:

<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady)</visible>
</control>
New Beta Avaialble

Available from my beta repo.

v.3.0.0~beta10
- artist transitions now fade through black
- added option to turn off artist transition fade though black

The old AS behavior was to set the image path to blank during artist transitions, and in most cases that would signal the skin to show the artist's default background.  I was finding it very jarring to see the default background image for a second (or less) and then a new image, so AS now transitions through a black screen during artist transitions.  If you want the old behavior back, go to the AS settings > SLIDESHOW and turn off FADE TO BLACK DURING CHANGE IN ARTISTS.
New Beta Available

Available from my beta repo.

v.3.0.0~beta12
- Artist Slideshow now shows the Kodi artist fanart (if available) before anything else
- added option to disable showing the Kodi artist fanart
- added option to include Kodi album fanart in image list (defaults to False)

As long as you have an artist (or album if you enable that option) fanart set, this will show an image basically immediately now while AS figures out what else to display.  For me this has just about completely eliminate any black screens.
There is a new release imminent that requires updated skin support.  If you are using Estuary in Kodi 18.5 or later, there is already support for the new version of Artist Slideshow included.  My Estuary mod also includes the necessary support.  If, after upgrading, your skin no longer displays images and instead only shows an upgrade message, please contact the skin author or see below for examples on how to fix it manually.  One other note. If you get a crash right after upgrading, please try restarting Kodi.  I switched to a more secure XML parser, and for some reason even though the module downloads it doesn't seem to load until after a restart in some cases.

v.3.0.0
- rewrite to use a single image control instead of multi-image control in skin
- reworked settings
- added option to disable extranfanart folder
- added option to control time between slide transitions
- outdated language files removed, so AS is English only for now (sorry)
- removed option to have a pop up displayed when downloading artwork
- AS can now store images and information files in separate directory structure
- updated settings to allow for storing music in Kodi music folder
- AS now deletes empty artist information and artwork folders

In order to get the support for the new Kodi music artist folder to work, I had to fundamentally change the way AS displays images.  With 3.0.0, AS now uses a single image control to show artwork and programmatically gets the list of images *and* controls the timing and order of the slideshow.

Skin Updates
I'll show my Estuary update as an example.

Original Estuary code in MusicVisualization.xml (lines 17 - 32):
xml:

<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
</control>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)</visible>
</control>

To get both 2.x and 3.x support, replace the above with:
xml:

<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady)</visible>
</control>
@pkscout  Mike has applied changes to Aeon Nox Silvo test files that work correctly with ASS 3.0 but the Warning Alert background remains. How to fix please?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2909122
(2019-12-18, 21:40)HomerJau Wrote: @pkscout  Mike has applied changes to Aeon Nox Silvo test files that work correctly with ASS 3.0 but the Warning Alert background remains. How to fix please?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2909122

I replied in that thread.
New Beta

Of course less than 48 hours after release I found a bug.  If your image names have an extended character in them, then AS will crash in Kodi 18.  I have a fix (3.0.1~beta1) available in my beta repo, but I think this is esoteric enough that I won't push another version into the main repo until after the new year (the Kodi folks don't like lots of little updates to approve).  If AS crashes for you, please install the beta to fix it in the interim.
Thanks for the heads up!
(2019-12-18, 23:01)pkscout Wrote: New Beta

Of course less than 48 hours after release I found a bug.  If your image names have an extended character in them, then AS will crash in Kodi 18.  I have a fix (3.0.1~beta1) available in my beta repo, but I think this is esoteric enough that I won't push another version into the main repo until after the new year (the Kodi folks don't like lots of little updates to approve).  If AS crashes for you, please install the beta to fix it in the interim.

Whats the repo to the new beta repo 3.0.1
(2019-12-19, 02:47)jboogiebuilds Wrote:
(2019-12-18, 23:01)pkscout Wrote: New Beta

Whats the repo to the new beta repo 3.0.1 
There's a link to it on the AS wiki page:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Sli...ta_Testing
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5