• 169(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Tiny Beta Release

v.3.2.3~beta1 (v.3.2.103~beta1 for Matrix)
- changing in logging to accommodate new logging requirements for Kodi 19

Available as usual from my beta repo.
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me how to show the title/album and cover art *permanently together* with the artist slideshow? At the moment it only shows for a few seconds when a new song comes up or when the mouse moves over the screen.
I just upgraded Kodi from version 18 Leia to 19 Matrix and on version 18 it showed the cover art and song info permanently.
I can't find that option anywhere.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers
Caesar
(2020-05-16, 23:45)Caesarius Wrote: Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me how to show the title/album and cover art *permanently together* with the artist slideshow? At the moment it only shows for a few seconds when a new song comes up or when the mouse moves over the screen.
I just upgraded Kodi from version 18 Leia to 19 Matrix and on version 18 it showed the cover art and song info permanently.
I can't find that option anywhere.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers
Caesar
When a song starts, Kodi puts up an information window with the title/album, etc.  By default it goes away in like 5 seconds.  If you press the "I" key (or if you're using a remote whatever remote key brings up the INFO screen) while the song is playing, the information you want should stay on.  And Kodi will remember that setting from now on.
(2020-05-16, 23:53)pkscout Wrote: When a song starts, Kodi puts up an information window with the title/album, etc.  By default it goes away in like 5 seconds.  If you press the "I" key (or if you're using a remote whatever remote key brings up the INFO screen) while the song is playing, the information you want should stay on.  And Kodi will remember that setting from now on. 
Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for the info.
Can this be reversed by pushing the "I" button again?

Cheers
Caesar :-)
(2020-05-17, 00:32)Caesarius Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 23:53)pkscout Wrote: When a song starts, Kodi puts up an information window with the title/album, etc.  By default it goes away in like 5 seconds.  If you press the "I" key (or if you're using a remote whatever remote key brings up the INFO screen) while the song is playing, the information you want should stay on.  And Kodi will remember that setting from now on. 
Hi mate,

Cheers
Try it and let us know?
(2020-05-17, 07:36)Jeffers24 Wrote: Try it and let us know? 

Hehe....and then I need to re-install and set up Kodi again which takes me at least an hour.
Hopefully someone knows.
I really would like to have the time shown a tad longer (like 20 sec) and not just 5 seconds. If this is just a matter of changing a number in one of those lines in the file inside the library, could anyone please let me know where please?
(2020-05-17, 13:13)Caesarius Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 07:36)Jeffers24 Wrote: Try it and let us know? 

Hehe....and then I need to re-install and set up Kodi again which takes me at least an hour.
Hopefully someone knows. 

Not if you do a Kodi backup, surprised you are living risky  No
(2020-05-17, 00:32)Caesarius Wrote:
Hi mate,

Cheers

Yes, it can.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-05-17, 14:16)Caesarius Wrote: I really would like to have the time shown a tad longer (like 20 sec) and not just 5 seconds. If this is just a matter of changing a number in one of those lines in the file inside the library, could anyone please let me know where please?

I'd suggest you take a look at the wiki page for Artist Slideshow (link in my signature).  There are many different settings for Artist Slideshow, and they are all documented on that page.  One of the settings is an option to change the timing of the slides.
The artist bio used to show when I played local MP3s or a radio station, now it doesn't.

Would you suggest what I need to check/change?
(2020-05-23, 18:34)Jeffers24 Wrote: The artist bio used to show when I played local MP3s or a radio station, now it doesn't.

Not sure.  I just checked in my Estuary mod, and when using the Radio addon or playing songs locally, the artist bio shows (as long as I have that setting enabled in the skin mod).  What is displayed and how is a skin decision, so if you changed or updated your skin recently, that could have something to do with it.  You could enable debug logging in both Kodi and Artist Slideshow, play a song, and then go through the log.  AS logs *lots* of info in debug, so you should see the artist get identified, then some skin properties set (among them the artist bio if AS found one), and then images downloaded (if any new).  If you're still stumped, post a link to the full debug log and I'll take a look.
(2020-05-24, 00:27)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 18:34)Jeffers24 Wrote: The artist bio used to show when I played local MP3s or a radio station, now it doesn't.

Not sure.  I just checked in my Estuary mod, and when using the Radio addon or playing songs locally, the artist bio shows (as long as I have that setting enabled in the skin mod).  What is displayed and how is a skin decision, so if you changed or updated your skin recently, that could have something to do with it.  You could enable debug logging in both Kodi and Artist Slideshow, play a song, and then go through the log.  AS logs *lots* of info in debug, so you should see the artist get identified, then some skin properties set (among them the artist bio if AS found one), and then images downloaded (if any new).  If you're still stumped, post a link to the full debug log and I'll take a look. 
Thanks for pointer to skin.

I use Aeon Nox SiLVO and found a setting in the Music tab of customisation called 'Enable artist information feed' which I set to persistent and all works again. How it got unset I don't know.

I am trying to get the "Use Fallback Slideshow" function to work.

I assume that the path should point to a source of images to use, and that the function is not recursive when there are sub-directories in the specified path (?)

However, I only ever get a black screen, although I am certain the specified is correct. It contains a couple of hundred jpg image files.

What am I missing?

Thanks

UPDATE: Changing the skin from Confluence to Estuary seems to have solved this issue.
I am also struggling to get fanart.tv downloads to function. Basically, it seems the API key is not persistent. I type it in (tedious, because kodi doesn't support text paste), click OK and the field reverts to blank.

Thanks

UPDATE - I was using Confluence skin in Kodi 18.7 - I have changed to Estuary and the fanart.tv function now seems to work.
  • 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5