• 21(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
Okay I switched over to the Aeon Nox skin for now to try to get this working.

Making progress but not there yet.
I believe my issue with it scanning my extras was an omission in my advancedsettings xml file
I had left out the <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings>... not present in the wiki docs.
So scanning works fine now.... no extras scanned into library

So I think I have one final problem
Where EXACTLY does this go in my dialogvideoinfo file?
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

Here is where I stuck it
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">5000</defaultcontrol>
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

<onload>AlarmClock(ActorIconMove,Control.Move(50,3),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
<onunload>CancelAlarm(ActorIconMove,true)</onunload>
<onunload>ClearProperty(FanartZoom,movieinformation)</onunload>

And did I put the control dialog in the right place? I've included some of the text before and after

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskmode)</visible>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + system.hasaddon(script.artwork.downloader)+ !substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://)</visible>
</control>
</control>
<control type="button" id="100">
<description>Extras</description>
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<label>Extras</label>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

<control type="group">
<visible>ControlGroup(5000).HasFocus(22) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here but.......

BTW: the script link you posted above was a bad link.

Thanks again for the help!
@huttdes
Your onload is probably good. The code for the button will go near the bottom of the file.
Code:
<control type="button" id="105">
                        <description>Extras</description>
                        <label>Extras</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onclick>
                        <visible>System.HasAddon(script.videoextras) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton"))</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="button" id="11">
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[20410]</label>
                        <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</visible>
                        <visible>Container.Content(movies) + ![substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + substring(Container.FolderPath,trailer)]</visible>
                    </control>

I included the control for "Trailers" so you can get a better idea of the position. Hope this helps.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Awesome!!! Working now. Thank you!

Question, that code you gave me above with id="105"
Did I need that in addition to the id="100" that I already had or was my original just wrong and should be deleted?
It is still there and working but it is necessary?

This is all pretty straight forward when you have the right info... the wiki has totally different information for some reason.

One more question... like i said I went to AeonNox to try this.
These are skin specific lines your gave me correct?

I've gone through 200+ posts of this thread and have seen no mention of MQ5....I'd like to get this running in that skin as well.
Not sure what wiki you're looking at. I checked the wiki again (briefly) and the code seems to match.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

Can't help with the MQ5. Don't use it. You might try posting to that support thread.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I've read and re-readed the information on this forum... seems like I have been able to get an 'EXTRAS' button in my UI,

Yet, when i click the button, nothing happens...

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

I'm using the latest build (9) of Gotham and the Aeon mq5 skin
Probably the only way anyone will be able to check what is happening on your system would be if you post a link to a debug log. Remember to enable logging in the Video Extras addon. Time stamps are also helpful.
(2013-11-07, 03:59)boerkeboel Wrote: I've read and re-readed the information on this forum... seems like I have been able to get an 'EXTRAS' button in my UI,

Yet, when i click the button, nothing happens...

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

I'm using the latest build (9) of Gotham and the Aeon mq5 skin
Perhaps there being no videos in your extras directory?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-07, 03:59)boerkeboel Wrote: I'm using the latest build (9) of Gotham and the Aeon mq5 skin

The problem is that you are using Gotham. Gotham is not GA - it's still a beta. If you intend on using something that is not released yet, then you really need to have a pretty in depth knowledge of XBMC and how to update things if needed.

VideoExtras has been tested against Frodo, and is compatible with the latest GA of XBMC.

If you do find out what would need changing to support Gotham, then please feel free to post it here.
Good morning fellows!

Good to be back here after a while and see so many great advances. My thanks go specially to you Rob.

With the release of new OS X 10.9 Mavericks a new challenge emerged: XBMC 12.2 ceased to work for those who upgraded to Mavericks (pretty much everybody), leaving two options: not use XBMC until official release of Gotham comes to light or use XBMC 13 Gotham Alphas as only way to run XBMC.

The Alpha is running more a less decently at the moment with a few glitches of course. However the greatest restriction is that we have these issues of not being able to work with some of our favourite add-ons such as VideoExtras, restricting quite greatly how we experience XBMC and our previous set ups. Some developers/maintainers of add-ons have been providing new betas of their software that successfully work with Gotham; such is the case of CU LRC Lyrics which Ronie updated last evening.

I too call for those who have been able to operate VideoExtras in Gotham to share their tweaks with the rest of us to see what is needed to push it along and have it working. Wanilton, I see you are always testing and providing good feedback from beautiful Brazil. Have you been able to run VideoExtras in Gotham yet?

Have a good morning all of you!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Using skin aeon mq5, with release 0.0.4 script videoextras, windows 8.1, all work ok for me, I check script videoextras and don´t need any fix for work ok in gotham, for others addons my tip is check code for all videodb and musicdb references, happens changes in gotham, example for have access sets in frodo script reference videodb://1/7, but you need change for work in gotham, because now is this way for sets, videodb://movies/sets

Many addons need fixes for work ok in gotham.

For other codes changes in videodb or musicdb - frodo x gotham, check here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Repo gotham is open now, I think addons developers need time for fix this, but is simple to fix btw.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
got the whole Extras button to show up or not now.. the first part needs to go AFTER <window> not at the top of the file (which would be above <window>) like the wiki suggests..
The way the button works is to invoke the script after opening in library mode vie the pertinent video (movie or tvshow or musicvideo) folder which includes the VideoExtras subfolder. This is tedious. Is there a way to batch the process, preferably from file view mode? (Or, even better, from a web-based interface such as AXWi/XWMM?) Calling the script as "Program" does not work - screen stays blank.

(2013-11-09, 10:41)DiMag Wrote:
The way the button works is to invoke the script after opening in library mode vie the pertinent video (movie or tvshow or musicvideo) folder which includes the VideoExtras subfolder. This is tedious. Is there a way to batch the process, preferably from file view mode? (Or, even better, from a web-based interface such as AXWi/XWMM?) Calling the script as "Program" does not work - screen stays blank.

I look forward to seeing your contribution for this option! Big Grin

It was discussed about loading all the extras into a custom DB via a scan in advance - the overwelming feeling was that it was not wanted and a more dynamic approach was prefered - after all you don't look at the info screen that often - so it doesn't search for them that often.

If you do contribute this approach - then it will need to be configurable of course.

Rob
(2013-11-07, 16:41)Wanilton Wrote: Using skin aeon mq5, with release 0.0.4 script videoextras, windows 8.1, all work ok for me, I check script videoextras and don´t need any fix for work ok in gotham, for others addons my tip is check code for all videodb and musicdb references, happens changes in gotham, example for have access sets in frodo script reference videodb://1/7, but you need change for work in gotham, because now is this way for sets, videodb://movies/sets

Many addons need fixes for work ok in gotham.

For other codes changes in videodb or musicdb - frodo x gotham, check here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Repo gotham is open now, I think addons developers need time for fix this, but is simple to fix btw.

Good afternoon Wanilton,

I have set up 2 virtual machines on OS X 10.9 Mavericks: one in order to carry on tests using XBMC 12.2-12.3 with its native Confluence skin so from now on to be consistent with Rob's development environment, and the second with the latest XBMC build, in this case XBMC 13 Gotham. As you said, both VideoExtras and TVTunes are operative on the latter using MQ 5 skin, however no success with Aeon Nox, not even with Confluence! The former (XBMC 12.2) works pretty well, I am just experiencing an issue with the loop playing themes in movies; it doesn't seem to loop (configuration set to loop of course) and after the themes currently present on the directory have been played once, playback just stops. Will carry on further tests though.

It seems the people behind MQ 5 have a very keen approach to simplicity, integration, flexibility and in keeping things updated with an outstanding sharpness. Making add-ons available in a skin (as an add-on or integrated in the skin) is key to keep users happy and I thank the guys at MQ 5 for their sensible and caring approach on this. However, let's not forget here that new VideoExtras and TVTunes are beta add-ons under active development and their codes evolve on a regular basis.

Have a good day!

UPDATE: The issue I described with themes not going into constant loop is actually due to the known issue with the screen saver kicking in and stopping TVTunes. It was hard to spot due to the fact that the theme I was testing was actually around 3min length, about the same time my screen saver goes off!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Rob, noticed that with the videoextras changes.. if you go to load the 'info' panel on a trailer (apple trailers) it just gets stuck in a loop forever trying to find Extras and you have to kill xbmc to get out of it.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8