• 22(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-11-11, 18:35)thezoggy Wrote: Rob, noticed that with the videoextras changes.. if you go to load the 'info' panel on a trailer (apple trailers) it just gets stuck in a loop forever trying to find Extras and you have to kill xbmc to get out of it.

Not exactly sure what "apple trailers" are - do you have a link to the plugin/addon

Also, please can you provide a log, highlighting the timestamp when the problem occurs (Obviously turning on VideoExtras debug)

Thanks
Rob
(2013-10-22, 03:13)adrian ballard Wrote: just my .02

Expanding the database so that it keeps track of watched extras is a bit overkill.
If you are a person that enjoys the extras [I am], I usually know if I've already seen a certain segment.
If I can't remember, it's not really that big of a deal to cancel something I've already seen or started by mistake.

I guess I just don't see that much advantage to adding that feature. [But then again, I like to keep things simple]
Now, if it took a good chunk of time to bring up the list of extras, that might be a different story.........

When you are not alone but have children enjoying XBMC, your children's friends occasionally visiting and messing with your configuration, your parents who don't remember where they last were at watching 'Downton Abbey's Christmas extras", and most important, the wife... trust me, you will welcome with opened arms and blindly a way to keep track of watched items and a reassume-from-last-point function to make everybody happy.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi All,

So it has been a while since I published any updates, so I decide to post the current state of the "Detailed Display" development.

This is in version v0.0.6 which should now be available to everyone via the repo, changes include:

Code:
v0.0.6:
- Video play overlay now displays the Display Name rather than filename
- Option to have a non "dialog" screen view and have a standard list for extras
- Option to persist the "resume" location and "watched" flag
- Option to resume from last stop point

I have to say, getting this new screen to do anything has been a real pain! From JSON calls not working for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177368

to not actually being able to get the information about the video files that I would like:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177296

Interacting with the window system from a python script has certainly been more challenging than I had anticipated!! Confused

This is still pretty basic, for example
- There is no prompt on a resume video to ask it you wanted to resume or start from the beginning (It just resumes)
- No right click to reset any values (Like mark as watched, mark as unwatched)
- Getting any information about the extras video file seems impossible
- How to keep the background image seems harder than expected

The new screen is enabled via the settings - and if you wanted the resume and watched information to be persisted when you next return to the extras screen, then you will need to enable the database. (If you have an old database sitting around - you will want to do clean database first - from the VideoExtras settings menu). The Extras database keeps all it's information separate from the XBMC database - so it should not corrupt or interfer with anything else.

Please let me know how you get on and if you find any bugs. Please can you hold back from "Feature Requests" on the forum at the moment - I'm more interested in bugs and sugestions on how I can improve the current code to achieve the same functionality in a better way. I guess feature requests can follow later Wink

Technical advice on how I may be able to resolve any of the issues mentioned above would also be greatfully received

Thanks

Rob

Note: I did a quick test with Aeon Nox and the extra screen does not display correctly - if some-one who nows about this skin wishes to provide a windows.xml file, then it could always be included in the plugin.
Hi All,

The next installment of VideoExtras - version 0.0.7 - just published, mainly focused on the new listing screen (But does have an ascii fix as well)

Code:
v0.0.7:
- Enable non mouse navigation of extras screen
- Return to previously selected after playing
- Support NFO names with non ascii characters
- Support continued playing of themes

(For the Tv Themes to function with the extras screen, you will need version 3.2.2 of TvTunes - just published)

Also fixes a couple of other small issues - unfortunately you will need to do another "Clean Database" from the VideoExtras settings screen - this schema change will prevent duplicates in the DB (Caused an issue where once a video was marked as "resume-able" - it always remained resumable, even if you completed viewing.

The same restrictions as previously highlighted remain - still working on them.

Please let me know how you are getting on - if anyone is using it?

Thanks, Rob

BTW: Once the advance screen is running smoothly - I was hoping to change it to the default.
okay enabled debugging in xbmc/videoextras. restarted xbmc.

went into the 'apple itunes trailers' addon ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s_Trailers ).
went to display more info on a movie trailer.. i see the extras button barely as its covered by the loading window there.. which i assume is checking if extras exists.. which it never finishes.

xbmc log shows:
Code:
18:59:35 T:3804  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:59:35 T:3804  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "show_movies"
18:59:35 T:3804  NOTICE: Opening URL: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/current.xml
18:59:36 T:4076  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
18:59:36 T:2796  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:59:36 T:2796   ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
18:59:45 T:748   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:59:45 T:748  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
18:59:45 T:748  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:59:45 T:748 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.itunes_trailers/movie/Need for Speed/dreamworks/needforspeed/show/Extras
18:59:45 T:664  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

i dont see anything specific to your addon in the logs.. but if i remove the "<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">" from DialogVideoInfo.xml then this problem doesnt happen. everything is stock 12.2.
Hi thezoggy,

As there is nothing being shown in the log for VideoExtras (and it's logging is enabled), it appears that it is not being called as the first thing it will go when called is:

Code:
try:
    if len(sys.argv) > 1:
        # get the type of operation
        log("Operation = " + sys.argv[1])
except:
    log("ExtrasItem: " + traceback.format_exc())

And if the operation (which I guess would be "check" first) is not being printed, then I guess something is stopping the script being called.

Having said that - there doesn't appear to be much logging from apple trailers either! Are you sure you have enabled debugging on global XBMC AND the add-ons? - maybe post the entire log?

With the errors shown - it may be from apple trailers, as:

Code:

Implies the previous fget (a couple of lines above) failed, and then the warning:

Code:
18:59:45 T:748 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.itunes_trailers/movie/Need for Speed/dreamworks/needforspeed/show/Extras

Appears to be apple trailers doing something it shouldn't.

Have you tried running VideoExtras with apple trailers disabled?

Have you posted about these errors on the apple trailers forum to see what they think?

Thanks

Rob
Hi All,

I have done another update: 0.0.8:

Code:
v0.0.8
- Support background image on advanced list
- Change icon to differ more from DVDExtras

I have tested this with Confluence for the advanced screen and it seems to work OK. I did also test Aeon Nox, which doesn't display nicely, so posted the following to ask for assistance for the maintainers of that skin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178411

If you use a different skin, then it would be good if you could check to see if the advanced screen works with that skin. (Maybe even post in the appropriate forum to see if some-one would be willing to assist in converting the xml file for their skin)

Once I have all the data together I will set the advanced list screen as the default - and users can then manually downgrade to the older dialog method if it doesn't work with their skin.

When that is done - I will then request a publish to the official repo, and then hope that skinners will be willing to automatically add the hooks into their scripts.

Thanks

Rob

P.S. Please don't complain that your skin is not supported after I publish to the offical repo and change the default display window - this is your opotunity to highlight if there is a problem!

P.P.S. Now is the time to post your issues and suggestions!
(2013-11-19, 09:00)rob_webset Wrote: Hi thezoggy,

As there is nothing being shown in the log for VideoExtras (and it's logging is enabled), it appears that it is not being called as the first thing it will go when called is:

Code:
try:
    if len(sys.argv) > 1:
        # get the type of operation
except:

And if the operation (which I guess would be "check" first) is not being printed, then I guess something is stopping the script being called.

Having said that - there doesn't appear to be much logging from apple trailers either! Are you sure you have enabled debugging on global XBMC AND the add-ons? - maybe post the entire log?

With the errors shown - it may be from apple trailers, as:

Code:

Implies the previous fget (a couple of lines above) failed, and then the warning:

Code:

Appears to be apple trailers doing something it shouldn't.

Have you tried running VideoExtras with apple trailers disabled?

Have you posted about these errors on the apple trailers forum to see what they think?

Thanks

Rob

the apple trailers plugin itself works fine until i added the changes needed for videoextras. i do have logging enabled for xbmc and also videoextras. i also made sure to restart xbmc before attempting to do anything.
videoextras works fine when im in the library for movies/tv shows. its only when i go into a plugin where the info button (dialogview) is busted.. i would assume the window onload routine just needs something to prevent it from stalling.

here is the full log from yesterday: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=AvavqkUN
(2013-11-19, 19:33)thezoggy Wrote: here is the full log from yesterday: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=AvavqkUN

That log is very short! - It doesn't look like logging for either Apple Trailers or Video Extras is coming out.

(2013-11-19, 19:33)thezoggy Wrote: videoextras works fine when im in the library for movies/tv shows. its only when i go into a plugin where the info button (dialogview) is busted.. i would assume the window onload routine just needs something to prevent it from stalling.

I am not sure exactly which screen you are refering to - please can you give directions to navigate from the home screen?

Which skin are you using - does this happen with default confluence?

I have installed Apple Trailers to see if I can reproduce this and everything seems to work as I would expect.

Please can you let me know.

Thanks, Rob
so i put these lines above the 'try:' under Main. reproduced the apple trailers > info hang. no additional logging.
Code:

if I remove the onload modification from DialogVideoInfo.xml, the problem goes away. so obviously something is up with this condition where causing the hang but doesnt actually run the script.
Code:
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
        XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

so i guess for now ill just have to remove the onload condition since that is breaking things for me until we can track down why

using stock confluence skin. go to video > addons > apple trailers > pick a movie trailer image and hit the button to load the info for it. on that screen the window loads with the extras button there..but ontop of the extras is a 'loading' overlay that never finishes. and because it its stuck in this mode you cant end/cancel. you can only force quit xbmc.
OK, I think the reason you see the Info Screen is due to your "click on list" setting being set to Show Information (The deafult is Play I think).

I haven't been able to reproduce your problem, but I think I might have an idea as to what causes it - I have committed a change at r104 in the repo, please can you try overwriting the following file:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-hist...default.py

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob
yep works great now! tried out the detail list view and it works as well. yay thanks again rob
Good afternoon Rob,

Could you please have a look at this post with regards to the textures needed for skins to work? Have you included them in the add-on?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi All,

Another day, another release. Up to version 0.0.9 now:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rele...-0.0.9.zip

Code:
v0.0.9
- Fix issue when passed a plugin URL instead of a filename
- Add Gotham Support
- Add resume dialog

(Again, I would recommend you clear your DB if you were using it)

The advanced listing screen is set as default now. As things stand, there is support for confluence, but that is it, if you are using another skin then you have 2 choices:

1) Look into updating the XML in the plugins to get it working in that skin (Even partially working is a start) [Don't worry about the same XML working for all skins - each skin will have it's own version of the list screen] - please feed back any changes you make.

2) Switch the settings to use the old dialog - non advanced - but you will lose features by doing this.

Obviously I would prefer everyone to do option 1 !!! If anyone did want to help with the skin task - then please feel free to post here.

As things stand, there is only 1 outstanding issue left in the Google Issues list:

Issue 7: Option to make the existance of extras more obvious without looking at the Info screen--

This is on the back-burner at the moment - it will require a change to the main skin lists - but may be possible.

I suppose once we have some of the commonly used skins supported then we can look at getting this in the official repo.

Please let me know your thoughts or if you see any problems

Thanks, Rob

P.S. If you are sitting there thinking - "I'll wait until Rob converts the window XML for skin X" then you will be waiting a long time! Big Grin

Edit: Just added a fix to the repo (TV Theme support from TV Info Screen selection) r116 in the repo
Edit2: Now added suport for final issue: "Option to make the existance of extras more obvious without looking at the Info screen" (By adding an interface for skinners to use - see wiki) r117 in the repo
The link doesn't work....
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8