• 2(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
That's not actually a way to associate extras with a movie, it's a way to tag common things just like genre. Extras are something quite different - they're things you don't want to display as movies but do want associated with the movie. Extending trailers is the way to go in that regard.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just wanted to chime in that I am also interested in adding this functionality and have started to think of ways to implement this. Here are some of my thoughts so far:

As far as the UI goes, I like the idea of adding a "Movie Extras" button on the information page that would present a sub menu of movie extras.
The movie extras would need to be indexed in some fashion, either an extension of the existing movie database or an entirely new database altogether (movie extras db?).
As far as I know there isn't a movie extras scraper right now nor is there a good open database of movie extras that could be scraped.
Because of this, the extras themselves would most likely have to be scraped by hand (NFO files).

(2012-07-14, 05:55)mariyoshikong Wrote: I just wanted to chime in that I am also interested in adding this functionality and have started to think of ways to implement this. Here are some of my thoughts so far:

As far as the UI goes, I like the idea of adding a "Movie Extras" button on the information page that would present a sub menu of movie extras.
The movie extras would need to be indexed in some fashion, either an extension of the existing movie database or an entirely new database altogether (movie extras db?).
As far as I know there isn't a movie extras scraper right now nor is there a good open database of movie extras that could be scraped.
Because of this, the extras themselves would most likely have to be scraped by hand (NFO files).

+1 to this thread and I agree with the above bolded.
I asked the same features in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139715 in reply show me a ticket for something like this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12782 but now the ticket is closed as obsolete. i don't know if they think to implement this feature
We're moving more things away from the trac system, including feature requests, which is why it was closed. As in, all existing feature requests on trac got closed regardless of their status or importance.
+1 for this
Love this idea.

What if instead of using down to start am associatd trailer it opened an "Extras" sub-menu, which included the trailer, and any other available extras?

Could also list different audio tracks for each movie with an option to label it as "Commentary" or "Dubbed Version".
+1 for movie extra's naming convention
(2012-07-09, 23:22)jmarshall Wrote: That's not actually a way to associate extras with a movie, it's a way to tag common things just like genre. Extras are something quite different - they're things you don't want to display as movies but do want associated with the movie. Extending trailers is the way to go in that regard.

Since Extras may not be "scrapable" how about simply having an EXTRAS folder under the movie folder - and at least at first - have the Library put them in under Trailers, as a cleaned up versions of the file names? As long as people name the files in a readable format, they will know what they are. Then skinners can simply change the Trailers to Trailers & Extras.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I find the solution with a new folder EXTRAS better since it would clutter the optics in file view less.
However I would be very thankful for any approach to bring extra features to XBMC.
I could imagine somebody would develop an online database for scrapping extras (by disc ID and feature length or stream number or ...) sometime in the future.

I would like to backup my dvd and blu-ray collection to my NAS additionally I sometimes like to watch extras after watching the movie. This would save me a lot of time, since I wouldn't have to look for the disc anymore. And this approach would be much nicer and cleaner than the one by Deano with Aeon Nox (even if it was a wonderful idea).
I finally came up with a solution that I'm happy with so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Instead of adding it to xbmc core I just came up with an addon. The full details on how to prepare your files and xbmc as well as the source are on github. You basically just need to follow some naming conventions and update your skin to include an extras button. If anyone tries this I recommend adding the exclusions to the advanced settings and rebooting before you create any files. That way you don't accidentally have the video scanner try and match up the extras with something online. See later post for download link. I'd love to here feedback from anyone who decides to try it out. It's not a perfect solution, but not bad for a days work.
(2013-03-03, 23:32)brentosmith Wrote: I finally came up with a solution that I'm happy with so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Instead of adding it to xbmc core I just came up with an addon. The full details on how to prepare your files and xbmc as well as the source are on github. You basically just need to follow some naming conventions and update your skin to include an extras button. If anyone tries this I recommend adding the exclusions to the advanced settings and rebooting before you create any files. That way you don't accidentally have the video scanner try and match up the extras with something online. You can download the zip binary from sourceforge. I'd love to here feedback from anyone who decides to try it out. It's not a perfect solution, but not bad for a days work.

How about a video of it in action? Incidentally, I haven't had the chance to try it out but kudos for actively trying to find a solution Wink
I don't have a good setup for video, but the UI is so simple I think screenshots will give you the idea.

Extras button added to the video info screen, it's hard to see as it is only half visible on the right side. My fault with screenshot, not an xbmc problem.

List of all the extras for this movie when you click the above extra button.

Extras associated with a TV show season using custom NFO files.
I am a slave to artwork and theme music but I have to say that is awesome work. I'll try it out at the very least, if we could even just get music added I'd be sold. Big Grin

To be fair though that's just me being fussy Confused This is a great solution. I'm going to update this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131524

in the near future, maybe you should include your add-on in it? More people should know about it Wink
brentosmith you are my hero!
The setup is very fast, even if I thought the modification of the skin could be tricky. It wasn't! It works like a charm.
The only thing I would like you to change is rename "DVD Extras" to just "Extras", since many people also use Blu-rays.
Thank you a lot.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8