FXI Cotton Candy + Ubuntu + XBMC
Hello,

I have been following the development of the Cotton Candy (cstick) by FXI and still on the fence whether or not to order one. I've seen info on XBMC running on raspberry Pi and it raised hope of the possibility that XBMC will run on cstick. Would like to know if XBMC will run on this device.Huh
$35 vs $200....
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:$35 vs $200....

I'm not sure if Raspberry Pi will have some sort of enclosure and I don't like to have bare circuit boards just laying around. But that's another discussion. Do you know if XBMC will run on cstick?
ToxicAnt Wrote:I'm not sure if Raspberry Pi will have some sort of enclosure and I don't like to have bare circuit boards just laying around. But that's another discussion. Do you know if XBMC will run on cstick?

There is at least one 3rd party working on an enclosure, probably more...
http://marcoalici.wordpress.com/2012/02/...berrypi-2/
The Cotten Candy is a more powerful device at least partly, dual core 1.2Ghz Arm Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 GPU with hardware decoding for a variety of codecs like MPEG-2, VC-1, XviD, H.264. The R-Pi has XviD/H.264 decoding and a better GPU ?

It is a Samsung Exynos 4210 chipset, if Ubuntu runs on it then XBMC might run on it but no one will know until they get one and you very likely would have to donate one to the XBMC developers to iron out any kinks.

It could be a nice option for those wanting to play Blu-ray video if it could handle the bit-rate, Samsung say up to 1080p@30fps for all formats but nothing more than that.
Starstream Wrote:The Cotten Candy is a more powerful device at least partly, dual core 1.2Ghz Arm Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 GPU with hardware decoding for a variety of codecs like MPEG-2, VC-1, XviD, H.264. The R-Pi has XviD/H.264 decoding and a better GPU ?

It is a Samsung Exynos 4210 chipset, if Ubuntu runs on it then XBMC might run on it but no one will know until they get one and you very likely would have to donate one to the XBMC developers to iron out any kinks.

It could be a nice option for those wanting to play Blu-ray video if it could handle the bit-rate, Samsung say up to 1080p@30fps for all formats but nothing more than that.

I guess I'll just have to wait until people can get their hands on both devices.

Thanks for the informative answer.
According to the forums at Cotton Candy they will have to provide the xbmc team with some drivers first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FXI Cotton Candy + Ubuntu + XBMC0