Please Help ...
Star 
Hello Friends , I am told to create a new skin which should work in two modes basic & advanced.
Basic mode will show less functionality and advanced mode will show full functionality.
Suppose user is in confluence skin now he switches to my skin from settings->appearance .....

By default first time I will show basic version of skin, now user clicks on a button called setup on the screen ,
which will display a screen to choose from basic mode or advanced mode .
choosing mode changes the visual of skin accordingly .

Do I need to write any script to achieve that ? if yes how?
or do I need to change source code of xbmc then how what & where?
or it will be so easy that can be achieved through only xml files , then how?

Please Help.
Thank You.
learn skinning Big Grin no need for scripts. a lot of skins do this already (kiosk mode, would have to be adjusted to your needs)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Check out how Aeon MQ 3 does it with its 'Lite Mode' and 'Super Mode':
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107793
what is kiosk mode?
(2012-03-28, 20:58)slinuxgeek Wrote: what is kiosk mode?

the mode with as little options as possible. So you can use XBMC without changing most of the options in the views
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
And basically its a take on word play for when you go to something like a cafe or internet Kiosk they disable all the good bits so people can't stuff it all up
Kiosk mode is just a theoretical term which I need to provide by the skin of less functionality or it is really there in xbmc to which I can switch by clicking on a button?
Huh
Thank You.
No, you'll have to code it into your skin. You could do something as simple as Skin.HasSetting(IsKioskMode) and have an option in the skin setting to enable / disable it. Then, for all of the extra options you normally wouldn't want the user to be able to change (views, flatten, hide / unhide watched, etc), you would add a visible condition to each of those controls to check against Skin.HasSetting(IsKioskMode).

Something like:

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(IsKioskMode)</visible>
Thanks Sranshaft , for now.
I will try , if problem will persist , I will be back.

Thank You.
Thanks davidh47 but it would be better if u could provide name or link of some of them to download , it would really help me alot.
Only skin name I know is aeonmq and that is kind of advanced.

Thank You.
ReFocus by Jereon has a Kiosk mode and should be pretty easy to decipher his coding. It's nicely laid out and has easy to read include names. You'll want to take a look at the Custom_SkinSetting.xml file in particular. Do a search in that file for Kiosk; should be around the end of the page. Follow what he's done there and you'll have it working in no time. Big Grin
Thank You !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help ... 0