• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
Great add-on been using it for quit some time now

Q:
1. does the client have short-cuts (the navigation is not that smooth/fast) like press ctrl+s for search and so on.
2. I really like the top-list in spotify (i guess it's and spotify-app now a days thou :/ ) anyway to impliment that?
3. Change the "start-page to search or playlists" does anyone use the new stuff page? ( i don't) or at least give us the choice Smile

Thanks for your great work, making us use spotify within xbmc without any hassle!
Anybody experiencing something where the tracks are cutting off and starting the next track within a minute?
Any solutions?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
Is development for the atv2 active for this addon? Also does this work for the free version or do you need a premium account?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
My understanding is that the problem with this addon on ATV2/iOS is that there is not a functioning ctypes module in python for iOS. This is required for addons, such as this one, to properly make use of the necessary shared libraries. I gather that this module is a core feature, rather than being something that can be implemented as part of this addon, and is not something that is TeamXBMC is responsible for developing. Even Memphiz is waiting for a functioning ctypes module so that AirPlay/AirTunes can be implemented as a python addon rather than a core feature (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/698 ).

If that summary isn't correct I'd love somebody to put me right (please). I'd like to understand. I'm really looking forward spotify on XBMC for iOS. Patience is a virtue 'n' all that!
(2012-05-11, 22:21)Ufoeke Wrote: mazkolain:

You are my hero! I have waited on this for sooo long Smile Spotyxbmc was a pain in the ass to install and retain.

Would be nice to have an option to reverse the playlist so the newly added songs gets on the top off the list instead of
the bottom

Is there any way to give you a donation for your hard work ? Smile
Playlist sorting is planned for the future, and I may consider adding a donation option once it gets stable. Thank you!

(2012-05-14, 12:23)SKIBBE Wrote: Great add-on been using it for quit some time now

Q:
1. does the client have short-cuts (the navigation is not that smooth/fast) like press ctrl+s for search and so on.
2. I really like the top-list in spotify (i guess it's and spotify-app now a days thou :/ ) anyway to impliment that?
3. Change the "start-page to search or playlists" does anyone use the new stuff page? ( i don't) or at least give us the choice Smile

Thanks for your great work, making us use spotify within xbmc without any hassle!

1. Don't know if it's possible within XBMC, will try to figure out.
  2. Toplist access is included in libspotify, so there's nothing preventing them being implemented. I just wanted to release an initial version containing only the basics and then continue development with the rest of the features (radio, toplists, playlist folders, ...).
  3. It's already done (implemented as a config option). It will be included on the next release. Wink
(2012-05-15, 01:53)jdwoods Wrote: Anybody experiencing something where the tracks are cutting off and starting the next track within a minute?
Any solutions?
Which version are you using? This issue was fixed in alpha 5.

(2012-05-15, 14:36)rflores2323 Wrote: Is development for the atv2 active for this addon? Also does this work for the free version or do you need a premium account?
As procrastinator said, the only roadblock for ATV2 support is the lack of the ctypes python module on that platform. The one which is also needed by the boblight addon. As said on previous posts, once it's available it should be a trivial task to add support for ATV2.

And yes, a premium account is needed in order to use this addon, which in turn is required by libspotify.

(2012-05-15, 15:55)procrastinator Wrote: My understanding is that the problem with this addon on ATV2/iOS is that there is not a functioning ctypes module in python for iOS. This is required for addons, such as this one, to properly make use of the necessary shared libraries. I gather that this module is a core feature, rather than being something that can be implemented as part of this addon, and is not something that is TeamXBMC is responsible for developing. Even Memphiz is waiting for a functioning ctypes module so that AirPlay/AirTunes can be implemented as a python addon rather than a core feature (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/698).

If that summary isn't correct I'd love somebody to put me right (please). I'd like to understand. I'm really looking forward spotify on XBMC for iOS. Patience is a virtue 'n' all that!
You are right, all we can do is wait until this module becomes available. Thanks for the explanation!
Finally got around to trying this thing out. Very nicely done. As mentioned there are some hickups here and there, but overall it's a great little app.

The last guy asking for a donation site surely won't be the only one to do so Tongue
Thanks for the answers!

Just a global "request" it has been asked many times but now it's even more "needed"...

More _visualizations_ is wanted... Smile the milkdrop was "good looking" when winamp was new and fresh... ie back in the 90is
(2012-05-15, 20:10)mazkolain Wrote: As procrastinator said, the only roadblock for ATV2 support is the lack of the ctypes python module on that platform. The one which is also needed by the boblight addon. As said on previous posts, once it's available it should be a trivial task to add support for ATV2.

Now this looks interesting. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/969 Big Grin

Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
(2012-05-16, 23:17)paavor Wrote: Now this looks interesting. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/969 Big Grin

Yes it certainly does Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
so do we have an atv2 build nowSmile
(2012-05-16, 23:17)paavor Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 20:10)mazkolain Wrote: As procrastinator said, the only roadblock for ATV2 support is the lack of the ctypes python module on that platform. The one which is also needed by the boblight addon. As said on previous posts, once it's available it should be a trivial task to add support for ATV2.

Now this looks interesting. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/969 Big Grin
These are definitely good news! Hope this change gets merged soon to XBMC...

Great to hear news on this mazkolain, oi oi Big Grin
Am i the only one with problems when its crossfade?
Very nice addon.. But the music lags when its crossfading? Is there a fix or did i miss something?
(2012-05-20, 13:25)CaMeX Wrote: Am i the only one with problems when its crossfade?
Very nice addon.. But the music lags when its crossfading? Is there a fix or did i miss something?
There are some known issues when crossfade is enabled, specially with high crossfade times. I'll try to fix this for the next release.
That sounds very nice...
How to remove until it is fixed??
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32