• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
A quick note: Spotify is available in Canada, I don't seem to be able to get this plugin to work, errors on start. Wn7/64 Eden

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872...57226.html
This add-on is beyond phenomenal and truly invaluable. Been using it since the first release...any issue I had was already reported and subsequently fixed in the next release. Everything is very stable these days and I no longer live in fear that the track may skip to the next song at any given moment lol jk. Seriously, fantastic add on, love it! Thank you so much, mazkolain! :]

That said, I do have a small request. :]]]

I use the amazing android remote media manager Yatse by Tolriq. Great dev and equally amazing app. Unfortunately, while xbmc is able to display all the pertinent image data via Spotimc (covers, fan art, similar artists, etc), Yatse is unable to display these same images within it's widgets/now playing screen/fan art as wallpaper, notifications, etc. Upon inquiring with Tolriq as to the possibility of ever seeing Spotimc and Yatse play nice on his end, he offered this response:

(2012-08-22, 17:36)Tolriq Wrote: For spotimc this is not on my side Sad The plugin needs to fills data in current player for me to get it.
And I don't know python (and don't want to :p ) so I can't really help, ask the author to check Youtube plugin so he adds the missing part.

If there is anything you can do to make the experience of Yatse + Spotimc mirror that of my local collection as closely as possible, I will continue to be eternally grateful since on xmbc itself it's already a reality. Fantastic add on once again and thank you for reading if you made it this far! :]
(2012-08-21, 18:28)mazkolain Wrote: [
(2012-08-09, 11:22)KRKA01 Wrote: I mostly using the Neon skin and i have experienced a similar issue several times. It started to happen after i had installed spotimc.

From time to time, i also ends up with black screen after i have restarted XBMC, i can't recall if it is only after spotimc have crashed, but it is atleast after i have used spotimc. To recover i have to delete the guisettings.xml file, start XBMC and make all gui settings again. I can't tell for sure it is spotimc that is causing this issue from time to time, i really don't have a clue what is causing this, but it is quite annoying.
Again, sorry if Spotimc ended up corrupting the skin. I'm aware that its an annoying bug, but I've never been able to reproduce it.

Just a question: When it crashed, did it crash the entire XBMC process (a potential segfault during shutdown) or just the addon (you where able to continue using XBMC, but with the blank screen).

Finally, if it corrupts your skin again I would love to see some pastebins of the following files from the active (and possibly corrupt) skin:
  • Includes.xml
  • Fonts.xml

Thanks for the reply and for one of the XBMC add-on i use the most. Excellent work.

What i can recall it was often the entire XBMC process that crashed and i also think it happened once when i had an windows BSOD. Havn´t encounter this issue for a while, but if it happens again, i will gather the requested info.

//Krister
*Displaying song titles in the XBMC remote app for Android* ?

I seldom use the android remote app (i have a logitech BT DiNovo Mini) but when using SpotifyMC the current playlist shows up making it really easy to browse and play/shuffle next song, the title apears in my notification bar (once you have started the song) but not in the actual app so to my question

Q: is it a script issue or a XBMC Remote issue? (the app only displays jibberish in my eyes)

Any news on the Apple TV 2? Still not compatible?

Thanks
Awesome plugin! I was looking for something like this for a while, gave up for about 6 months, then came back and here you are providing Spotify goodness. I was using airplay to send Spotify from my laptop to XBMC, but this is infinitely more ideal.

How can I donate a little $$ to your project?
I would like to thank u for making such a nice addon, i have been trying to get spotify to work for like 2 years or something, i gave up a year ago. and now i find this.

U deserve a medal!
Locks up a few seconds into a track on frodo alpha 4

Edit: rolled back to alpha 2 and it's fine
(2012-08-22, 19:12)PatK Wrote: A quick note: Spotify is available in Canada, I don't seem to be able to get this plugin to work, errors on start. Wn7/64 Eden

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872...57226.html
As long as the official desktop client works, Spotimc should be fine too. Also note that the valid download packages are on the lower part of the github download page. The upper buttons are for source only releases.

(2012-08-23, 07:14)ViZZY Wrote: This add-on is beyond phenomenal and truly invaluable. Been using it since the first release...any issue I had was already reported and subsequently fixed in the next release. Everything is very stable these days and I no longer live in fear that the track may skip to the next song at any given moment lol jk. Seriously, fantastic add on, love it! Thank you so much, mazkolain! :]

I use the amazing android remote media manager Yatse by Tolriq. Great dev and equally amazing app. Unfortunately, while xbmc is able to display all the pertinent image data via Spotimc (covers, fan art, similar artists, etc), Yatse is unable to display these same images within it's widgets/now playing screen/fan art as wallpaper, notifications, etc. Upon inquiring with Tolriq as to the possibility of ever seeing Spotimc and Yatse play nice on his end, he offered this response:

(2012-08-22, 17:36)Tolriq Wrote: For spotimc this is not on my side Sad The plugin needs to fills data in current player for me to get it.
And I don't know python (and don't want to :p ) so I can't really help, ask the author to check Youtube plugin so he adds the missing part.

If there is anything you can do to make the experience of Yatse + Spotimc mirror that of my local collection as closely as possible, I will continue to be eternally grateful since on xmbc itself it's already a reality. Fantastic add on once again and thank you for reading if you made it this far! :]
Spotimc starts an embedded proxy server in order to make track streams and album covers available to XBMC via http. This server listens only on the local computer, and it's probably preventing album covers from being displayed on remote machines (other computers, mobile devices, etc.).

Will take a look at it on future releases. Thanks for reporting!

(2012-08-23, 20:10)SKIBBE Wrote: *Displaying song titles in the XBMC remote app for Android* ?

I seldom use the android remote app (i have a logitech BT DiNovo Mini) but when using SpotifyMC the current playlist shows up making it really easy to browse and play/shuffle next song, the title apears in my notification bar (once you have started the song) but not in the actual app so to my question

Q: is it a script issue or a XBMC Remote issue? (the app only displays jibberish in my eyes)
I've noticed this too. Don't know if there's something missing from Spotimc's part or it's related to the remote app. Nevertheless, Spotimc already sets all the required information for each track on the playlist.

(2012-08-25, 14:38)MarceFX Wrote: Any news on the Apple TV 2? Still not compatible?

Thanks
There's no progress yet, sorry.

(2012-08-25, 18:48)JasonZX12R Wrote: Awesome plugin! I was looking for something like this for a while, gave up for about 6 months, then came back and here you are providing Spotify goodness. I was using airplay to send Spotify from my laptop to XBMC, but this is infinitely more ideal.

How can I donate a little $$ to your project?
Good to head that you found it useful. Regarding donations, I'll probably set up a donation option when the final stable gets released. In the meantime, thanks for your support!

(2012-08-25, 21:30)weiuweiu Wrote: I would like to thank u for making such a nice addon, i have been trying to get spotify to work for like 2 years or something, i gave up a year ago. and now i find this.

U deserve a medal!
I'm glad you like the addon. Thanks for the feedback!

(2012-08-29, 22:09)nikc0069 Wrote: Locks up a few seconds into a track on frodo alpha 4

Edit: rolled back to alpha 2 and it's fine
I haven't tested Spotimc extensively on Frodo yet. There are some playback related issues on Frodo, but my current focus is on making Spotimc stable on Eden. Anyway, thanks for reporting!

I have the latest nightly build on xbmc and then I installed this addon but nothing shows up in the addon no search, no nothing. I only see the logo and meny but nothing else.
I tried to reinstall The normal version of eden but still same error. DHO!

(2012-09-01, 11:47)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 07:14)ViZZY Wrote: This add-on is beyond phenomenal and truly invaluable. Been using it since the first release...any issue I had was already reported and subsequently fixed in the next release. Everything is very stable these days and I no longer live in fear that the track may skip to the next song at any given moment lol jk. Seriously, fantastic add on, love it! Thank you so much, mazkolain! :]

Spotimc starts an embedded proxy server in order to make track streams and album covers available to XBMC via http. This server listens only on the local computer, and it's probably preventing album covers from being displayed on remote machines (other computers, mobile devices, etc.).

(2012-08-23, 20:10)SKIBBE Wrote: *Displaying song titles in the XBMC remote app for Android* ?

I've noticed this too. Don't know if there's something missing from Spotimc's part or it's related to the remote app. Nevertheless, Spotimc already sets all the required information for each track on the playlist.

Hi I'm the dev of Yatse (see sign), and effectively you correctly set the thumb information for the playlist but strangely the info is not set for currently playing item.

Here's the result send by Xbmc :

Quote:2012-09-02 11:39:08.423 Verbose/JsonRpc: e.b@242: Response : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"audiostreams":[],"canseek":true,"currentaudiostream":{"bitrate":1411200,"channels":2,"codec":"WAV"},"currentsubtitle":null,"partymode":false,"percentage":22.610687255859375,"playlistid":0,"position":0,"repeat":"all","shuffled":false,"speed":1,"subtitleenabled":false,"subtitles":[],"time":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":240,"minutes":0,"seconds":59},"totaltime":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":0,"minutes":4,"seconds":22},"type":"audio"}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"album":"Sympathy For The Download 00","albumartist":"","artist":"The Walkmen","fanart":"special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/9b4468f2.tbn","file":"http://127.0.0.1:8080/track/3HFbtkED52w1dOqHgGXbgu.wav?idx=0|X-Spotify-Token=13e5626fdc2abc814a5b457cb7e2141f51969e45&User-Agent=Spotimc%2F1.0-beta1+%28XBMC%2F12.0-ALPHA3+Git%3A20120621-858a0a0%29","genre":"","label":"The Rat","rating":51,"thumbnail":"","title":"The Rat","track":3,"type":"song","year":0}}}]

As you can see thumbnail is empty.
(2012-09-01, 11:47)mazkolain Wrote:

[quote='Tolriq' pid='1174843' dateline='1345649807']
For spotimc this is not on my side Sad The plugin needs to fills data in current player for me to get it.

Thank you so much for looking into the issue! Devs like yourself and Tolriq embody why open source is as amazing as it is important! :]
Hello, new member here. I've used XBMC on my original Apple TV 160 GB for a couple of years now, but recently reformatted and started from scratch. I have installed many add-ons and am refreshing my memory on how all of this works.

My question: how do I get this to work on my ATV 1? I've read that it works on the first generation, but it won't connect for me. I'm at work right now so if I need to include more info on the error, I can do that later.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as billchase2....

seems a great addon, but it just won't work for me, keep getting script errors....

Cheers,

M
Can you pre start the proxy server to quicken up the upstart of the script/addon?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32