xbmc on a 500 gig drive ?
i`ve never tried a live version but love xbmc so i`m wanting to give it a try so that i can have a moblie copy of it on me but my question is once its installed onto a hard drive can i the still use the drive as portable storage that will also be visible in windows ?
Yes, you can do that. I'd suggest creating a system partition of 4 or 5 GB, swap partition equal to your RAM, and then format the rest as VFAT partition. You can store your media there and Windows will see it just fine.

(It's been a while since I tried it, but Linux support for NTFS maybe better now that it was a few years ago.)
That is not the problem, just leave 470G as a NTFS media partition and mount it in linux.

Your problem is that if you use the xbmclive installer to install it to the disk the resulting installation will no longer be "live". Perhaps you can get it setup on the USB disk with Unebootin if your bios will accept it.
But why? Just create a live USB stick and keep the disk as storage only.
so if out of 500 gig i partition 5 (or 10) gig for xbmc (and fan arts) . 2 gig thats the same as my ram and the rest as ntfs and i was thinking of using LiLi to install to the first partition . will that work as i want ? (a mobile version of xbmc) . sorry but i dont have a clue about linux . thanks for any help here Wink
If Lilo can do it and your bios can boot - yes. You try it and tell us.
im itching to try it but dont wanna wreck my usb drive testing stuff . will have to read up more i guess . unless someone on here has tried this already and can ease my fears lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on a 500 gig drive ?0