• 26(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
Please delete. Haven't read the above post all the way. Sorry.

Hi, i have just setup an xtreamer ultra2 to use xbmc on xbmcbuntu and this addon. Everything is working great except that I get the message "Cannot initialize audio device" whenever i switch live channels and hence no sound is heard. Movies and TV shows play ok and sound is heard as expected. I have sound output set on optical out on a 7.1 dts receiver.

Any ideas on whats wrong?Huh
(2012-05-29, 13:25)chrischr Wrote: Hi, i have just setup an xtreamer ultra2 to use xbmc on xbmcbuntu and this addon. Everything is working great except that I get the message "Cannot initialize audio device" whenever i switch live channels and hence no sound is heard. Movies and TV shows play ok and sound is heard as expected. I have sound output set on optical out on a 7.1 dts receiver.

Any ideas on whats wrong?Huh

You should post this into the PVR Development section - this is nothing the addon can handle...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
(2012-05-28, 18:44)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 17:51)soussef24 Wrote: Sincerely I'm also a bit lost in naming of Enigma stuff... My DM500HD is using a "build" called newnigma2, but as I understood, there are several "builds" based on Enigma, and I don't think naming your addon after any of them makes more sense than naming it after VU+...

What about Tuxbox PVR? My only concern is to get your very nice addon the attention is deserves Smile

I think tuxbox is actually enigma1 - and the addon does not work with enigma1 devices. Or do I misunderstand the tuxbox/enigma stuff right now?

Not sure if Tuxbox is enigma1, my understanding is that "tuxbox" is at the origin of the current enigma... But the default support for dreambox included in XBMC is called Tuxbox Client and it is working for Enigma2, isn't it?

Even if your addon doesn't work for enigma1 devices, I think it maybe ok naming it Tuxbox PVR as long as you mention the limitations. For instance the wiki page for the Tuxbox Stream Client in XBMC mentions "The TuxBox Stream Client will only work with Enigma Based TuxBox images, this includes Dreambox and DBox2! ........."

Know I'm really wondering what hardware I would use to run this...
(2012-03-12, 17:36)jdembski Wrote: Last Update 2012/05/26: Download links to version 0.2.6.

Thanks redknight - I guess you are right and that it makes sense to continue in this thread instead of the thread in the feature request section.

This addon should work for all enigma2 based boxes, both with openwebif or the legacy webif. I personally use it with a VU+ Duo...

Features:
- TV
- EPG-View
- Radio
- Add / Remove Timers
- Recordings
- Multiple recording directories
- channel groups
- Timer
- Automatic Timer Cleanup (configurable)
- "Zap before channelswitch" for Single-Tuner boxes (configurable)
- Picons

Known issues:
- Recording length: Some recordings do not show the correct recording length when being played. They are still play- / seekable, so this is just a cosmetic problem. The problem itself can be reproduces with mainline XBMC, therefore I have opened a bug on the official bugtracker for this.
- Inactive timers: Inactive timers are shown as "active" in the timer overview. Strangely enough when opening the timer-editing dialog they are correctly marked as "inactive"

Links to the current version:
Source-Code: https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc-addon-vuplus
Ubuntu i686 (sorry, I cannot provide a linux 64bit version because my ION machine is running openelec):
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2x3u2d60...6-i686_zip
Windows::http://www.filefactory.com/file/7c3q757w..._6-win_zip

Could you mirror it on any other site? filefactory have been full for several days now for non premium.

Regards

Crall
Hi. I´ve been trying to download for a few days now and Filefactory is always full. Please add a mirror.

I finally managed to download the addon. But XBMC complains about the addon structure not being correct.
It doesn´t get installed. I´ve tried on the latest stable "eden" and a more recent nightly version.

Here´s a Rapidshare link to the addon.
https://rapidshare.com/files/682404679/p....6-win.zip

If you want me to remove the link to the addon please e-mail me or send me a PM.
(2012-05-31, 17:54)slayerer666 Wrote: Hi. I´ve been trying to download for a few days now and Filefactory is always full. Please add a mirror.

I finally managed to download the addon. But XBMC complains about the addon structure not being correct.
It doesn´t get installed. I´ve tried on the latest stable "eden" and a more recent nightly version.

Here´s a Rapidshare link to the addon.
https://rapidshare.com/files/682404679/p....6-win.zip

If you want me to remove the link to the addon please e-mail me or send me a PM.

Please install the PVR Version of XBMC, not the "normal" one.
What configuration is necessary in XBMC to get my live tv going?

I've just bought a Dreambox DM600C and can't figure out how to stream the tv-channels to the pvr addon, although it worked with tuxbox.
It doesn't seem to find the box, and I'm not sure where to put the ip-adress to the box and if some other settings is needed.

Any suggestions please?

e: win7
(2012-06-01, 17:09)pbjuhr Wrote: What configuration is necessary in XBMC to get my live tv going?

I've just bought a Dreambox DM600C and can't figure out how to stream the tv-channels to the pvr addon, although it worked with tuxbox.
It doesn't seem to find the box, and I'm not sure where to put the ip-adress to the box and if some other settings is needed.

Any suggestions please?

e: win7

The addon needs to be configured in the addon settings - there you can also set the ip address of your dream box.

Is your dreambox enigma2 based? Enigma1 will not work with this addon...
The addon is running great! i just don't get the picons showing up... I've set the path correctly (somewhere on the STB) and named the PNG like the service name ( with _ instead of : ). Did I miss something? Do I have to recreate the EPG db? Thanks for any hints :-)
(2012-06-04, 12:41)endeler Wrote: The addon is running great! i just don't get the picons showing up... I've set the path correctly (somewhere on the STB) and named the PNG like the service name ( with _ instead of : ). Did I miss something? Do I have to recreate the EPG db? Thanks for any hints :-)

You need to copy the picons onto your XBMC box - yes, resetting the PVR database may be necessary, also delete the channeldata.xml file. If they are still not showing up open the channeldata.xml file and check the filenames in the XML...
I have the picons now, thank you! Had to recreate the db; cool thing is that I have the picons stored on the dreambox and both my clients pull the icons from it. Great!!!!
Hi,

Maybe this is not really the right spot to ask this question, but what is the video quality you're getting out of XBMC? I'm streaming HD (1080i) channels from my DM500HD to my OpenElec/XBMC box (a Dell Precision M4400) that is connected to a Philips HDTV via DP/HDMI. While the XBMC UI definition looks OK, the Live TV definition is quite low, actually it is blurry as if it was upscaled from a lower definition (XBMC indicates 1080)...

thanks.
(2012-06-05, 11:44)soussef24 Wrote: Hi,

Maybe this is not really the right spot to ask this question, but what is the video quality you're getting out of XBMC? I'm streaming HD (1080i) channels from my DM500HD to my OpenElec/XBMC box (a Dell Precision M4400) that is connected to a Philips HDTV via DP/HDMI. While the XBMC UI definition looks OK, the Live TV definition is quite low, actually it is blurry as if it was upscaled from a lower definition (XBMC indicates 1080)...

thanks.

Did you enable de-interlacing?
Thanks jdembski, I was suspecting it had something to do with interlacing and confirmed it through reading different forum discussions today, I'll test it tonight when I'm at home. Some folks are also working on an XBMC branch that would allow XMBC to switch to 1080i mode when playing that kind of content, likewise what it does for 24p...
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217