Not sure what's happening here...
I just test fired my new XBMC Live 10 build. Basically, i3-2100, 4gb ram, booting from a USB stick.

I noticed immediately the mouse movements were choppy and curiously looked at the system hardware screen and it shows the CPU running one core almost max...

Nothing has been changed in any settings as this was just the initial boot up. No drives are mounted, just USB stick and memory...

Any ideas whats and why the CPU is working so hard at doing nothing?
That cpu temp is a bit high too. How is your cooling / case setup?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I'm using the OEM fan that came with the i3...I haven't finished installing the HD and video card yet so the cover is off. My little bro said I should try reseating the memory and check what it all says in the BIOS screen...

Outta town for work until tues night...will recheck things Wednesday.
Did you build it yourself (I see xbmc was compiled on March 9th)? If so, why not build Eden (RC2) and try that? It has stuff like dirty regions that lowers CPU usage when idle.

Either you're using a 32 bit build (which would explain why you're only seeing 3 GB of RAM) or your on-die GPU is stealing a lot of RAM. Either way, RAM usage is extremely low (I usually have like 10% of my 4 GB used after playing some stuff, Nano AD10).
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not sure what's happening here...0