Xbmx Remote suddenly not connecting
Hi,

Replaced my wireless router today, from a belkin pre-n to netgear something, so now I´m not able to connect the xbmc remote on iOS to xbmc(windows 7) anymore. I´ve checked the settings on the router to see if there was a firewall of some kind, but wasn't able to find one.

Anyone got an idea where the problem may be?
Did any of the IPs change?
Did any port forwarding get lost when you changed equipment?
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
All the IPs changed. I tried to use the remote on my mac now, which worked fine. The htpc which I'm having problems with is wired to the router.

I´m also using mobile mouse on the iPhone as a mouse on the htpc, which is kind of the same deal. This however works fine.
I have also tried accessing xbmc through the webreader http://192.168.1.xx:8080, with the same result.
Anyone?
Firewall enabled on the PC? Can you use http://192.168.1.xx:8080 from the PC i.e. remote control itself? If necessary press \ (backslash) to switch XBMC to a window so you can see XBMC and Internet Explorer at the the same time.

JR
Kind of same problem here. I have the remote on my Android tablet and Galaxy phone. It was working with no issues. Did not change any settings with router or app.
-The IP is the same.
-The app fails to connect reporting 'C\Socket Timeout'
-Increased the socket time out to 9000 : Same problem
-The remote on a browser view (local ip:port number) works fine. Its just the app thats failing to connect.
-Never noticed - was there an recent update to the xbmc remote for android ?

Edited: After this post - was trying to figure out the problem. I dopnt use port forwarding-as i dont use the remote over the internet.
-Phone and Tablet and HTPC all connected to the same wi-fi router. But the IP was a little different on the HTPC than the mobile devices.
HTPC: 192.168.15.** while the mobile devices had it in the range of 192.168.0.**
-I had the HTPC network cable from my voip device. Plugged it directly to the router. Now HTPC and all mobile devices are in the same IP set - Remote is working back again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmx Remote suddenly not connecting0