What are you doing for dvd (movie) backup?
i have used dvd decrypt and dvd shrink on my pc a lot. my only issue is the time it takes to decript and rip back to dvd. on my athlon 1700 total time is about 4-5 hours. that stinks. using dvd2xbox to copy games and movies is actually pretty quick. with movie i really don't like the unconpressed size to just leave them as they are. any option for compressing them right on the xbox and avoid using a pc? ideally if i could get movies down to about 2gb that would be perfect.

so what are you using to back up movies and are you just ripping them right to your xbox without any compression?

cheers.
as you said your athlon 1700 (with more than 64mb of ram i guess) takes up to 4-5 hrs to encode/transcode a dvd video.
so what do you think how much time a 733mhz p3 limited to 64mb ram takes?  Confused

doubt you gonna see a ripping feature in xbmc since there is dvd2xbox doing the vob-copy-job already (its that fast cause it only deccss the vobs and copy em to the hd).

answer to your question:
use dvd2xbox and live with the size of your rips or get a faster pc. Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
dvd2xbox works great and i was not suggesting an official ripper should be added to xbmc. no need for this with dvd2xbox. but a possible compressor would be cool. but with the limitations of the xbox processot i guess this might not be worth the effort.

cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are you doing for dvd (movie) backup?0