Oneric XBMC crash when using Add-ons
Architecture: x86_64 / Radeon HD4500
XBMC Version: 11.0-RC2
XBMC crash log: http://pastebin.com/sXmVe0KW

I am able to reproduce the error on demand by using any plugin that runs video. The crash log is from PBS Video Add-on. This crash also happens with the PsuedoTv program Add-on when changing channels.

I cannot see in the crash log what is failing except for VDPAU which I should not need since I am running Ati.Please HELP!!! I am in dire need of XBMC to work!!!!

Thanks in advance!
I am also seeing an xbmc crash with Eden RC2 on Ubuntu 11.10.

My nettop has a D525 and ION2 GPU with VDAPU.

Xbmc crashes when watching either the PBS or Free Cable plugins. I see nothing suspicious in either the xbmc.log or crash log. Occasionally it will crash when I am just watching a chanel. It is often repeatable on resume after pausing with either the keyboard space bar or the pause button on the remote.

There is also another interesting anomoly. On resume, after a pause, the video will play for about 15 seconds, then fall back to a point 10 seconds earlier. The picture is very pixalized for about 2 seconds from the point of fallback, then it plays through normally. This is 100% re-creatable, if I don't get a crash.

I have enabled debug logging, in an attempt to catch something "interesting", but xbmc will not crash with debug logging enabled.. However, the anomoly I mentioned above is still present.
[RESOLUTION]

Alright for anyone that is having this issue the way to correct it is to go into System>Settings>Appearance and turn OFF all Video Hardware Acceleration items. VDPAU and the other as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Oneric XBMC crash when using Add-ons0