Suddenly "No Signal" after Apple Logo Bootscreen.
mine does this as well, all i do is press and hold both small buttons and it 'resets' itself
Jailbreak FAQ and sticky post have been updated with re-jailbreaking 4.4.4 info.
I had this issue on one of my two ATV2s after upgrading to 4.4.4 (and thus re-jailbreaking it...) .. First one worked just fine, but when I did the second one - and plugged it in to the TV once it was all finished - I got to the "No signal" boot loop.

Unfortunately I don't have a specific fix for it. For me, I left it plugged in to the TV without really thinking about it (continuously rebooting) and started googling the issue e.t.c. ... and then after something like 30 minutes I saw a familiar sight in the corner of my eye. It had suddenly and spontaneously booted up and everything was working. Since then I've never had this issue again.

I don't know how long you've left it in the boot-loop state still connected to the TV .. but it might be an option to leave it trying to reboot for a couple of hours if you haven't done so already - and eventually yours might kick into gear like mine did.

.. The issue (along with how it solved itself for me) reminds me of the old softmod (no modchip) hacked first gen xbox .. If you left it without power for a while so the system clock was reset, there was some timing conflict between the network driver and the "jailbreak" .. putting it into a boot loop .. that after a while worked it self out. It could take 10-20 minutes and hundreds of reboots sometimes. The likelihood of this being related is of course slim to none - but since my xbox back then was basically only used for XBMC, just like my ATVs are today .. it still "feels" related Wink

Anyway, might be worth trying. Hope it helps.
Hi everybody, thanks fpr the many tips. I finally gave up trying to install 4.2.1 via tiny umbrella and updated officially to the recent iOS 5.1 version. Apple TV works fine again, although no jailbreak and no XBMC, of corse. I will try to downgrade it on the weekend, it has cost me too many nerves to try to do that after work.

I'll keep you posted. Too bad that there is no real solution to this "No signal" problem except rejailbreaking.
What really dazzles me is that ATV2 and XBMC has been workin just fine for almost a year now, and the problem occured without any change of the setup from my side.

Thanks!
Tim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suddenly "No Signal" after Apple Logo Bootscreen.0