playing mkv/avi from torrent source on iPad 2
is it possible to play movie files (mkv/avi mostly) directly downloaded from a torrent site(using iTransmission) / from an attached usb stick (using cam connection kit+iFile) ??

if yes, could you tell me how? throughot which app?
I've tried almost everything (buzz,AVPlayer,VLC etc. but these all ask for PC connection,and also iTunes) without results Sad

also i have an iPad 2 / iPhone 4 / ATV 2 each on IOS 5.0.1. Is there an alternative for XBMC until an update will come !? Sad

sorry if the questions were inadequate. i am a newbie and although i have searched to find answers,i did not find anything relevant. thanks again. keep up the good work Smile
Yes, and you can find out by reading the iOS FAQ (wiki). There's even a section about using the Camera connection kit.
thank you. i have found the topic even if it is not detailed. now i'm just punching my head into the wall, why i had upgraded my devices. Sad main reason probably might be, as an UTH JB has arrived. I did not know that XBMC will not be compatible with IOS 5 ( actually i installed it even it was specified that compatibility is granted only with IOS 4.x... but it is not working... when i go to browsing for some media it just reboots my iPad)

i know it is my fault. trying to be patient for an update Smile until then you can not recommend me an alternative method for playing movies (from torrent/usb) as my Mac mini was stolen Sad so for the moment i am stucked only with my iPad here at the collage. ... it would be nice to watch ocasionally some movies, couse beside surfing this was the main reason why i had purchased my Pad. i would appreciate any ideas/links... Smile
XBMC/jailbreaking works on iOS 5.0.1. It's only 5.1 that you have to worry about. (ATV2 is on a different numbering thing, so that's the only one that needs to stay in the 4.x's)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playing mkv/avi from torrent source on iPad 20