Audio Issues (Too Low)
I noticed this morning that confluence got reset to no settings (like I didn't have my "favorites" under categories and such). I also noticed that an episode I was watching was very very quiet. Figuring it must be the download I just made everyone be quiet and watched the show.

I came to work and my wife text me and said everything else was really quiet too. So far we have, through joint effort, turned up alsamixer (and XBMC Audio Mixer) and the volume on the tv and the volume on xbmc. We are using HDMI and I had her go in and change all of those audio options to HDMI, but I haven't rebooted yet.

Is there something else I can check on why it is so quiet??

Thanks.
You can try if can help adding volume amplification.
While watching a video pressing "m" a menu should appear, choose audio section and under audio - settings raise the volume amplification.
I did do this while watching my tv show this morning, it was turned all the way up.

I forgot to add that if I startx& from command line it says this:

Code:
X.Org X Server 1.10.4
Release Date: 2011-08-19
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.24-29-server i686 Ubuntu
Current Operating System: Linux XBMC 3.0.0-15-generic #26-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 20 15:59:53 UTC 2012 i686
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-15-generic root=UUID=d0ec48d5-7a22-4699-ae36-86ce4830f59c ro quiet splash i915.modeset=1 xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0 video=vesafb vt.handoff=7
Build Date: 19 October 2011  05:09:41AM
xorg-server 2:1.10.4-1ubuntu4.2 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.22.2
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Mar 17 11:15:55 2012
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
Running DIL (3.20.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
there is no soundcard

The last line being the one that is worrying me, but again I do have sound, just super duper quiet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issues (Too Low)0