Vda or not
Dear all, I'm running 10.1 on Mac mini late 2011. 2.5 ghz, 8gb ram and ati 6630 256mb. Reading through the forum I set up the xmbc with VDA to run smooth the videos 1080p. Well this improved a lot the play even if it is not totally perfect.
But ...... With VdA on now during the playback the screen often switch to green and then to turquoise.

Can someone give some advice what to do ? Should I just disable the Vda but lose the playback quality ?
Will the next xmbc release corct these probs ?

Thanks in advance.
Ok guys.... After several tries the answer is VDA on ...
The issue of the green screen is not linked to xbmc but to the connection hdmi between the Mac mini and the philips led tv....
Leaving the Mac on idle the screen switch to green and then to native tourquoise .....
Any suggestion is very appreciated.
New HDMI cable?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Ok let me try to use a new hdmi cable... I'll report back ASAP
hdmi is digital ... cable won't change anything on the effect you are seeing.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok Memphiz, any other suggestion ? Change the refresh herz ? Change resolution ? Punch the tv ? Throw the Mac mini out of the window ? ;-)
Update firmware on tv. If not available - blame the manufacturer. Same is possible on the other end. (update firmware on the mac-mini - if not available - blame apple).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vda or not0