A single action for changing music rating?
I'm very limited to keys on my ultra simple remote... I love the simplicity, but I need single keys to do many things... wasting two keys to do "increaserating" and "decreaserating" seems very wasteful. Is there an action to cycle the rating? There are only five stars, it could just go in a loop and wrap around, that would free up a whole extra button, which is a big deal on a six button remote.
You can have buttons on the screen for rating, so that's one option.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-18, 03:49)jmarshall Wrote: You can have buttons on the screen for rating, so that's one option.

I love that idea... could you elaborate a little... I've never done anything like that. Sounds like programming my own skin...
Yup - exactly. "just" add a button control to DialogSongInfo.xml (guess) that you can navigate to. The <onclick> will be IncreaseRating etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hmm... i'd never looked into the skin folder before... it's actually not that intimidating... everything's xml... ended up changing several things like editng the dialogsubmenu to include a logoff and getting rid off shutdown, restart, suspend, exit, ect... there's no reason anyone should every use a remote or mouse to exit XBMC, only an ssh session or a keyboard should be able to exit the program... if I don't have a keyboard, then it's a dedicated HTPC.

shouldn't be too hard to add these buttons... I'm just brand new to this... been a boxee user for the last five years, and never shopped around.. their recent actions upset me enough to shop around, and I'm so glad they pissed me off, XBMC is better, there's no comparison... I always assumed it was worse because boxee was based on xbmc. which in my mind meant they took the code and improved upon it... but clearly what they did was take the code and profit on it...

I'll probably end up adding increase and decrease rating buttons to the music OSD... that seems to make sense of the best place to put them.. which frees up two buttons as I already have one mapped for the OSD.
Just press pageUp/pageDown on your NAS keyboard (or Channel Up/Down on your custom remote) to change rating

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A single action for changing music rating?0