Linux ProjectM no longer shuffling visualizations in 11.0
Currently running XBMC 11.0 RC2 on Gentoo.

I have noticed that when listening to music in Party Mode (or any mode for that matter) the ProjectM visualization no longer shuffles through the several dozen algorithms that are available.

I have 'Shuffle' activated in the ProjectM settings...no effect...it just stays on the algorithm currently selected.

I can play all the other ProjectM algorithms, but it remains stuck on whatever I last selected.

This was working in 10.x

Have just upgraded to 11.0 RC2 from RC1 and unfortunately it is still broken.

Can someone else confirm they have the same issue? Or something I can try to resolve this?

Can provide more info if required - Thanks
Project M shuffles through profiles/visualizations fine for me on Eden RC2. Tried removing the addon or even moving/deleting the Project M files out of your ~/.xbmc directory and reinstalling?
(2012-03-19, 09:51)teeedubb Wrote: Tried removing the addon or even moving/deleting the Project M files out of your ~/.xbmc directory and reinstalling?

Deleted the folder .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/visualization.projectm and then re-emerged (recompiled) xbmc, which auto generated a new projectm directory

All fixed now!

Thank you very much Teeedubb Big Grin

for the future, just press "L" keyboard key to lock/unlock shuffle mode during projectM visualization Big Grin
And the locked visualization and the locked status is remembered across sessions.

That is how I refactored ProjectM a few months ago. Angel

Hope works well for you guys.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM no longer shuffling visualizations in 11.01