Sharing folders using XBMC
I'm running XBMC 11 Eden Live and accessing a USB hard drive media enclosure connected directly to my Acer Revo. I download my films using another PC running windows 7. I'm wondering if there's a way to share the external USB drive through XBMC so that I could transfer media to it without physically plugging it into my windows machine.

I'm relatively new to XBMC and have been blown away by whats achievable so i'm sure there's a way of doing it but i'm too thick to figure it out!
Just use SMB (wiki) (also known as CIFS and simply as "Windows Sharing"). You can do this with the USB drive at either the Revo or your other PC or even both. XBMC can access an SMB share directly, or you can just use it to copy files to and from the computers.
I was attempting to do the same thing (though I am still using Dharma). From my Windows Explorer I went to network and opened the HTPC. Inside there one of the folders is called Media. Inside of media was a folder with the same name as my external hard drive. Open that folder and you are in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing folders using XBMC0