GlobalSearch - tiny changes
i've just pushed a new version to the addon repo.

if your skin includes script-globalsearch-contextmenu.xml, please note that a small update is in order.

i've added 1 extra button to the context menu (id 1003)
and changed the script code for position the dialog (so double-check if it still pops up where you want it to be)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Although I don't agree with handling positions of the dialog in the script, thx for the heads up Smile
(2012-03-20, 22:31)Big_Noid Wrote: Although I don't agree with handling positions of the dialog in the script, thx for the heads up Smile

it was handling them before, but much less now :-)

the script has to do some calculations as the height of the dialog varies
depending on the numbers of buttons available on the context menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Revenge is sweet. Wink

(2012-03-19, 02:35)ronie Wrote: grumble.. i suppose i could... and for about 6 other scripts as well...grumble

;-)
Heh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah for height I knew and understand, but posx calculation is new as far as i can tell.
heh, if you want to get to the bottom of this ;-)
the initial dialog code was a straight copy of nuka's dialog for the amt script.
it had some hardcoded posx calculations, which i've removed now:
https://code.google.com/p/ronie/source/d...py&old=126
Is it me or are the mirrors down for everyone?
(2012-03-20, 23:21)Hitcher Wrote: Is it me or are the mirrors down for everyone?

most likely a side-effect of the Artwork Downloader update.
people are standing in line to get their hands on that one.
(2012-03-20, 23:24)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 23:21)Hitcher Wrote: Is it me or are the mirrors down for everyone?

most likely a side-effect of the Artwork Downloader update.
people are standing in line to get their hands on that one.

neah who wants that...

Side note:
ronie had like 7 script updated at the same time....
on the other hand the http://fanart.tv site is also having issues Tongue
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-20, 23:28)Martijn Wrote: Side note: ronie had like 7 script update....

yeah, let's rub it in... grumble
"With great power comes great responsibility"
I've been trying to skin Global Search at the moment but have run into a few issues (figured I'd post in here)...

• the media flags don't seem to work for episodes, they appear fine for films though?
  • I can't get to the seasons. When I click find all seasons it gets stuck on the "searching tv shows" message and nothing shows up
  • Some results don't seem to be in order (e.g. 28 Days Later and Green Lantern appear after results like "Terminator")

I have looked at this in other skins/default addon skin and the same issue seems to be present in all of them. I also rolled back to the previous version and that seemed to solve the second two, but not the media flags.

Was also wondering if it was possible (and not too time consuming) to make a few additions...

That's what the episode info screen currently looks like(you can see the missing flags), I was wondering if there was a way to get the season/tv show thumb to display and if writer, studio and mpaa rating could be added? Also if we could get a total episodes and unwatched episodes label for tv shows?

I understand if it would take too long to change things!

(2012-03-23, 00:15)Eddage Wrote:
  • the media flags don't seem to work for episodes, they appear fine for films though?
  • I can't get to the seasons. When I click find all seasons it gets stuck on the "searching tv shows" message and nothing shows up
  • Some results don't seem to be in order (e.g. 28 Days Later and Green Lantern appear after results like "Terminator")
- mediaflags work ok for me. if your episodes are in .iso or .vob format, xbmc won't extract the media metadata iirc.
check if they show up when you browse your library.
- cheers, will fix that asap :-)
- grrrr...more grumbles, looks like sorting by title is broken in json-rpc. can't go back to sorting by label, at least not for episodes..
will have to implement a workaround in the script then...

(2012-03-23, 00:15)Eddage Wrote: That's what the episode info screen currently looks like(you can see the missing flags), I was wondering if there was a way to get the season/tv show thumb to display and if writer, studio and mpaa rating could be added? Also if we could get a total episodes and unwatched episodes label for tv shows?

'fraid not:
- writer/watched/unwatched: not implemented in json-rpc
- studio/mpaa/thumb: only available at tv show level (it would require a lot of additional db queries to fetch those)
(2012-03-23, 02:37)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 00:15)Eddage Wrote:
- mediaflags work ok for me. if your episodes are in .iso or .vob format, xbmc won't extract the media metadata iirc.
check if they show up when you browse your library.
- cheers, will fix that asap :-)
- grrrr...more grumbles, looks like sorting by title is broken in json-rpc. can't go back to sorting by label, at least not for episodes..
will have to implement a workaround in the script then...

(2012-03-23, 00:15)Eddage Wrote: That's what the episode info screen currently looks like(you can see the missing flags), I was wondering if there was a way to get the season/tv show thumb to display and if writer, studio and mpaa rating could be added? Also if we could get a total episodes and unwatched episodes label for tv shows?

'fraid not:
- writer/watched/unwatched: not implemented in json-rpc
- studio/mpaa/thumb: only available at tv show level (it would require a lot of additional db queries to fetch those)

Media Flags seem to be working now, think it was because I refreshed all the info for my TV Shows and it hadn't extracted the information yet!

With regards to the show thumb I currently use...

<texture diffuse="breeze/home/folder tile dif.png">$INFO[ListItem.path,,../season00.tbn]</texture>

for dialogvidinfo for episodes, is there a way to do something similar? I tried the same method but I think the problem is that path in the addon shows the filename as well? I'm still not entirely sure how to use the commas and periods in conjunction with the path, I've just cobbled it together by looking at other skins!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch - tiny changes0