Lossless Audio-CD ripper encoder codec (flac, wavpack, etc.)?
Yes I second that.

If you get no response maybe you should start a thread in the feature suggestions section and even raise a ticket?
i'm sure there's a gazillion tickets. what we need is a patch Wink
spiff Wrote:i'm sure there's a gazillion tickets. what we need is a patch Wink

OK then, if there is no one to do this, where do I start. I'm a PHP/SQL/JScript developer, never programmed in Python before.

1/ where in the code should I look
2/ any suggestions for a Python primer
3/ where is there a good general Python dev forum

I assume I can find out XBMC specific dev details in the references

Rolleyes
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
Looking at THIS thread I think jmarshall might whip it together. (because of the questions asked) Really, if I knew where to look I bet I chould hack it together.
JMarshall - as per my thread here I'd be willing to have a go at it given a bit of support from you guys.

Would definitely need help with Windows/XBox implementation as I'm strictly a Linux guy these days since I threw my windoze box out about 10 years ago :-)
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
have a look at xbmc/cdrip/Encoder*. make one which uses libavcodec to encode. boom! we have flac and a gazillion other formats available.
@chippyash

I'd love to get together a team of folks who want to try to support as many encoders as possible. Looking over the source I think I could hack (i've hacked together quite a bit of bash scripts for audio encoders on linux) a bit but I'm sure we could find someone who would be better suited. Smile

I can build/test/debug on linux. Do some coordination. (I created and ran Ubuntu Studio 'till a month ago) I can be of some help.

I guess we'd need to create a subversion branch and work there. (Id have to look into SVN more I usually use BZR)

So, you interested? Smile
you won't be able to create a branch in svn.
spiff Wrote:you won't be able to create a branch in svn.

Ok np. Like I said I'm used to BZR where anyone can create a branch (but not commit to trunk) and you can lock it down.

What would you suggest for collaborative work from a sub-team (a "encoders team" maybe?) that the main XBMC devs can easily grab?
use git, pull from gitorious, publish the branch. pretty much the same as the way you're used to with bzr, the only difference is that we do not have a bzr that is synced with svn.
spiff Wrote:use git, pull from gitorious, publish the branch. pretty much the same as the way you're used to with bzr, the only difference is that we do not have a bzr that is synced with svn.

Doh! Ok. I now remember seeing you guys used git.

Ok. So then if we can get this team going we do our work and then request syncs to trunk?

I'll wait on chippyash to see if he's interested before I post again. If he is, I'll create a thread to see if we can build a team for this.
well, you could request a review and if we like it we'd sync yes.
AddictedToMetal Wrote:Doh! Ok. I now remember seeing you guys used git.

Ok. So then if we can get this team going we do our work and then request syncs to trunk?

I'll wait on chippyash to see if he's interested before I post again. If he is, I'll create a thread to see if we can build a team for this.

OK, I'm interested. As I said before I'm currently a web developer, haven't done any desktop stuff for a gazillion years. It'll be a steep learning curve!! I'm used to SVN as I employ it in my shop. Don't know GIT. If necessary, I can set up an SVN repo on one of my servers. Start the thread and let me know where it is.

Cheers
chippyash Wrote:OK, I'm interested. As I said before I'm currently a web developer, haven't done any desktop stuff for a gazillion years. It'll be a steep learning curve!! I'm used to SVN as I employ it in my shop. Don't know GIT. If necessary, I can set up an SVN repo on one of my servers. Start the thread and let me know where it is.

Cheers

Here ya go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lossless Audio-CD ripper encoder codec (flac, wavpack, etc.)?0