• 5(current)
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app
(2012-03-27, 13:58)SyphOn Wrote: I think the main difference between our Manager and Maraschino is that Maraschino is more like an overview / dashboard / widget style like page (Don't shoot me if I'm wrong). In our app the dashboard doesn't play that much of a big role and uses page based navigation. Also, like I mentioned before, this is the first time we ever programmed in Python. For us it's a lot of fun starting this from scratch. But if you think that what we've created so far is easy to incorporate into Maraschino, then perhaps in the future that's something we could consider.

Fair enough. I have wanted to create more specific pages inside maraschino and this may be just it! If you care to have a look at the previous project I was working on (MediaFrontPage), it did have a dashboard overview + specific views. I think I'll wait to see what you guys come up with and in the future, maybe talk to some of the other devs about a possible merge depending on how you take this project. Will be following you guys and hope you come up with some awesome features! If only I had time to work on all the projects and help development.....Sad
Maraschino - github - website
(2012-03-27, 22:46)Aenima99x Wrote: Also, if anyone needs it, I took the Init script I had been using for Maraschino and modified it for HTPC-Manager.
Get it here and save it as HTPC-Manager in /etc/init.d

Dude! I was just about to do the same thing. I owe you a beer/coffee/something. Big Grin

Works fine with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS too. Smile

(2012-03-27, 16:07)SyphOn Wrote: Please add the features (Personally I think you have a good point on most of them) you'd like to see and any bugs you may find to the issue tracker at GitHub.

Okay. Had to make github account first. Smile

Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Could anyone post the latest windows version with banner support?

Just installed and looks great!

Mark
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

OMG!! This is AWESOME!! So neat, clean, minimal and straightforward... I can't believe it.. It is perfect.

One question, how often does the windows version gets updated? Should I pull from Git to be always up to date?

I can't wait to see the progress of this piece of software, it's gonna be legen.. lol!

Thank you for your time!!!
Something I'm not a fan of with Maraschino is the inability to see any images when viewing from an external network. I imagine this is probably to do with my reverse proxies and not using ProxyHTMLURLMap correctly (or at all) but does this allow viewing of images on an external network?
(2012-03-28, 22:10)markswift Wrote: Could anyone post the latest windows version with banner support?

Just installed and looks great!

Mark

There is no exe yet with banner support. I can create one from master tonight when i get home?
HDD space doesnt really work for me I get 2 bars for the same HDD.
Everyone should just run from source Tongue

The HDD part needs some work so that you can add custom harddrives to it. Will tinker with it later and see if I can get it to work.
HDD Info is currently coming from Sabnzbd, it will probably show two drives in sab too. Perhaps reading from disks directly would be a better idea.
(2012-03-29, 10:30)SyphOn Wrote: HDD Info is currently coming from Sabnzbd, it will probably show two drives in sab too. Perhaps reading from disks directly would be a better idea.

Yeah, it should! There are alot for users that dont use sab. Im gonna keep track of your project. It seems more like mediafront page wich i loved. But i swiched to Mara since mediafrontpage was so sloooow.

I dont see any install instructions anywhere? Looking to install this on ubuntu 10.04 box.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-03-29, 15:06)rflores2323 Wrote: I dont see any install instructions anywhere? Looking to install this on ubuntu 10.04 box.

- clone the git repo
Code:
git clone https://github.com/mhendrikx/HTPC-Manager.git /folder/you/choose

- run it from a terminal
Code:
python /folder/you/chose/htpc.py

To have it autostart as a service, see my post here

I think this is pretty cool! I do have a few questions

- Will newznab search be enabled?
- Will it be possible to upgrade from within the app a la sickbeard/headphones?
Latest Windows build would be awesome...

Many thanks!
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

First I just wanted to say that this project is looking awesome already even so early on in development. My main problem with Maraschino was it's inability to do anything efficiently because all the controls were crammed into tiny widgets. Spreading it over multiple pages with a dashboard makes so much more sense. Additionally, the interface looks excellent, and I can't wait to get the CouchPotato integration, I have already installed v2 in preparation.

I just have some issues that have already been mentioned before, namely, the HDD information is being duplicated on the dashboard

I'm also getting the _imaging C module is not installed. Is there any way to fix this without installing 32-bit python (and I'm assuming taking a hit on performance?) If not, does anyone have any instructions on how to do so on Ubuntu Server?

Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work, I've finally found the manager that supports my needs and I'll be looking forward to your updates in the future.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app7