• 35(current)
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app
For anyone that's confused and didn't figure it out, I meant NzbDrone, sorry, typo
Any chance of integrating rutorrent? That'd put the cherry on top of this magical python sundae.
Just installed HTPC Manager - Pretty slick! I will be testing it out in the next few days to see how it work for me. It shows promise!

quick question,

Does restart - Restart the PC or XBMC?
does the search box work? i tested it but nothing happened.

also, is it possible to for future releases to incorporate, future DVD releases (or something like that)so one can select what to download in advance? and have the item sent to couch potato?
I just installed it too, and it looks quite great.
Ylafont you can access couchpotato with just one click from the HTPC manager interface.

Just one thing though: when configuring couchpotato in the settings page, the "test" button shows up red, but then it works.
Is that normal?

Anyway, I saw other people already did that, and I also wanted to chime in for headphones, NZBdrone and jdownloader support.
Edit: also a quiet trigger to avoid popping up the console would be nice. Low priority, though, I solved using pythonw for now.
Edit2: Perhaps an option to start it as a service? And then another option in each connected service to start it after HTPC manager has started?
Edit3: Sorting and filtering options in xbmc interface? You know...filter by (un)watched, genre, format, sort by name, date, score... Smile

Cheers!
I can access the XBMC web interface once it has been configured and it is my active page. (with one click), same as with the other add-ons. it is funny how often i go back to that page just for the "Remote" when i am using the computer. Hopefully he can integrate a remote as well for HTPC Manager.

I had the same issue with the test button. Also thought i had it with other configuration also and thought i was missing something. But it worked in the end.
Hello again Styxit! (An enthusiastic developer from the Netherlands) - taken from the web page!

I wanted to ask if you plan in the future to support NZBDrone as a part of HTPC Manager?

Tnx
(2013-12-13, 02:46)ylafont Wrote: Does restart - Restart the PC or XBMC?
does the search box work? i tested it but nothing happened.

also, is it possible to for future releases to incorporate, future DVD releases (or something like that)so one can select what to download in advance? and have the item sent to couch potato?

The restart uses the xbmc api and uses some sort of hibernation on my windows 7 test system.
The search box is used for searching a configured newznab indexer. If you have not configured a newznab indexer there might be no results. Also, the search box is the filter for xbmc movies and music. When on the xbmc-music page, typing in the search box will filter the result list.

Couch potato is used to manage all upcoming movies, there is no alternative from within HTPC-Manager.

(2013-12-13, 13:48)johnnie.it Wrote: Just one thing though: when configuring couchpotato in the settings page, the "test" button shows up red, but then it works.
Is that normal?

Anyway, I saw other people already did that, and I also wanted to chime in for headphones, NZBdrone and jdownloader support.
Edit: also a quiet trigger to avoid popping up the console would be nice. Low priority, though, I solved using pythonw for now.
Edit2: Perhaps an option to start it as a service? And then another option in each connected service to start it after HTPC manager has started?
Edit3: Sorting and filtering options in xbmc interface? You know...filter by (un)watched, genre, format, sort by name, date, score... Smile

I am aware of the fact that the test-button for couch potato is not working. There is already an issue about this: https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager/issues/112

HTPC-Manager can run as a daemon on your system so you do not need to launch in manually and there is no console window. Use the init.d file from the repository to get started.

There is a pull request that adds some filtering/sorting to the xbmc movies: https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager/pull/104

(2013-12-13, 21:45)ylafont Wrote: I can access the XBMC web interface once it has been configured and it is my active page. (with one click), same as with the other add-ons. it is funny how often i go back to that page just for the "Remote" when i am using the computer. Hopefully he can integrate a remote as well for HTPC Manager.

I am not sure i understand you. What remote page?

(2013-12-16, 00:07)Tarom Wrote: I wanted to ask if you plan in the future to support NZBDrone as a part of HTPC Manager?

NZBdrone is an option, but at the moment new features are on hold. I first would like to fix the bugs and existing modules. However, i am still accepting pull requests, so if there is anyone working on this, they can contact me.
http://htpc.io

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

(2013-12-17, 11:33)styxit Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 21:45)ylafont Wrote: I can access the XBMC web interface once it has been configured and it is my active page. (with one click), same as with the other add-ons. it is funny how often i go back to that page just for the "Remote" when i am using the computer. Hopefully he can integrate a remote as well for HTPC Manager.

The XBMC Webpage has the "Remote TAB" allowing the use of the cursor ,return, back and menu keys. They are very helpful when the only interface available is the PC.

thank you for answering my questions.Will post back with my thoughts on the app.
(2013-12-18, 03:07)ylafont Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 11:33)styxit Wrote:

The XBMC Webpage has the "Remote TAB" allowing the use of the cursor ,return, back and menu keys. They are very helpful when the only interface available is the PC.

thank you for answering my questions.Will post back with my thoughts on the app.

Its poorly documentet, but if you go to the XBMC page and click you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate XBMC. Enter, backspace and x for stop works as well. Can't check currently excactly what keys I added.
(2013-12-19, 19:38)mbw2001 Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 03:07)ylafont Wrote: The XBMC Webpage has the "Remote TAB" allowing the use of the cursor ,return, back and menu keys. They are very helpful when the only interface available is the PC.

Its poorly documentet, but if you go to the XBMC page and click you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate XBMC. Enter, backspace and x for stop works as well. Can't check currently excactly what keys I added.

Wauw, i didn't even know this. Up, down, left, right, space, backspace and enter keys seem to trigger xbmc key events.

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

(2013-12-19, 19:38)mbw2001 Wrote: Its poorly documentet, but if you go to the XBMC page and click you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate XBMC. Enter, backspace and x for stop works as well. Can't check currently excactly what keys I added.

This is a great tip - I also did not know this.
(2013-12-19, 22:06)ylafont Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 19:38)mbw2001 Wrote: Its poorly documentet, but if you go to the XBMC page and click you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate XBMC. Enter, backspace and x for stop works as well. Can't check currently excactly what keys I added.

This is a great tip - I also did not know this.

I only know it because i wrote it :-)
(2013-12-20, 20:45)mbw2001 Wrote: I only know it because i wrote it :-)

All hail mbw2001! 8-).

I have been using this feature, everyday!
dakpunne /styxit

xx, wanted to give some feedback, not that you asked for it. I think this app has great potential. I have been using it for a few weeks as the default start page of my Media server.
• Love the auto build menus.!
• Love that you can use multiple xbmc libraries!
• Love, Love, Love that you can use XBMC keys (up, down left, right, enter), while on the XBMC page! This have made the native xbmc webpage obsolete.
• Like the party mode feature. However I found that is played different genres. it went from techno to jazz and even Christmas music.

The home page is cute, but I found it meaningless after a few days. I ended up making the XBMC Page the default. I my opinion I think that having system information on this screen would be more meaningful and benifitial. Information like,

• Disk Space usage, CPU and Memory Utilization
• Sabnzbd live download feed when active. http://www.maraschinoproject.com/ has something like this, but I think this has greater potential.
• Upcoming selection (Couch Potato wanted list)
• Add a movie.
• PVR page – Can the Network logos be used?

Having page for each application is good if you want further information, but the main page should be you one stop shop!
Did the Synology update get fixed? I just tried a few days ago and it failed.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app7