xbmc send audio to airplay - ie wireless speakers
If you enable "Make discoverable Apple AirTunes sound devices available locally" in paprefs and use the latest very latest gotham with pulseaudio enabled. It should detect and allow you to stream to airtunes sinks.

Know thought that this is more of a thing which works by extention to us fixing up in our pulseaudio code than its a thing we actually tested Smile So beware there _will_ be bugs
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
http://volumio.org/forum/xmbc-t611.html?...xbmc#p2221

Fyi - Similar conversation at above hyperlink and various other threads that can be found by searching volumio forums for "xbmc".

Would be great if some collaborative work was possible. Wouldn't imagine it would be easy as volumio is a separate os hopefully I'm wrong.

Hugh
(2014-01-15, 19:17)topfs2 Wrote: If you enable "Make discoverable Apple AirTunes sound devices available locally" in paprefs and use the latest very latest gotham with pulseaudio enabled. It should detect and allow you to stream to airtunes sinks.

Know thought that this is more of a thing which works by extention to us fixing up in our pulseaudio code than its a thing we actually tested Smile So beware there _will_ be bugs

Hey topfs2,

So, latest version of gotham should be able to send audio from video to my iPad? As to watch the video on TV and listen to audio over headphones attached to iPad?

I would help with implementing something like this in XBMC, but I mostly write in C# Wink
This is a pulseaudio feature and should work on any pulseaudio driven operating systems (linux i guess). And really - the programming language doesn't matter - its only the tool. If you can code - you can code...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My current if long winded workaround is send content to iphone or ipad using "play using" feature. To achieve this you need to be running a upnp app, something like plug player, then once connected you will hear the audio on receiving device. From then you can redirect audio using AirPlay from the iDevice to AirPort.

What I really need though to keep it all wireless is to be able to use the "play using" feature but split the audio from the video, in this case ideally audio direct to airport whilst pushing the video stream through hdmi channel. This would be awesome if implemented. Kinda of done this before using airfoil wrapper and setting the audio offset, worked brilliantly, it just tied my MacBook up and would like to see a slicker #raspbmc solution
On iOs you can actually do it!
I have a Bowers &Wilkins wireless speaker, and I can hear the audio of my films thorugh it.
On XBMC Gotham 13.2 you have to go settings/system/audio/ and choose the wirelles speaker as audio device.

My question is: Why couldn't I do it on my Windows HTPC? The audio jack is broken and I need to reproduce the audio in such way!
because this is something ios just gave us for free without needing to develop anything special. Supporting this kind of feature on other platforms would need alot of work. Since airtunes is a closed protocol its nearly senseless to stick even more code into kodi for it. Its nearly unmaintainable because apple can (and will!) break the feature on each update of their airtunes stuff. sorry wrong horse to place a bet on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Crystal clear. Thanks for the info!
Looks like it's been a while since this thread had any action.. Any movement on this idea? I would LOVE to have an airport express (or another RPi) recieving audio from KODI..

Are there any other workarounds? Dont care (or even prefer) that it's airplay based..

Thanks in advance!
no movement - this is still possible when running kodi in osx (osx shows airplay speakers and present them as normal audio device to kodi - its a plain osx feature - nothing special needed for it in kodi).
Hello,

I would also like to have this feature.
I got a AV-Receiver with Airplay and DLNA support.
Is there any possibility to send Music from Kodi to the Receiver?
The best would, if it's global (like on MAC), so Youtube and Spotify Kodi Apps also could send it.

Thanks!
Not that i know off...
So if you activate the context menu on a music track and then click on "Play Using", does your receiver come up on the list of devices that you can play to?
(2017-05-22, 08:34)dWooluf Wrote: So if you activate the context menu on a music track and then click on "Play Using", does your receiver come up on the list of devices that you can play to?

Nope.
have you enabled "Settings -> Services -> UPnP/DLNA -> Look for remote UPnP players"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc send audio to airplay - ie wireless speakers2