Problem with subtitle
Hi

Well, the subtitles isnt working anymore. Just stopped working yesterday.
It works on the old TV-shows where i've already have downloaded it.
But if i download a new one, it doesnt work, tried from Opensubtitles among others.
If i check the folder where the TV-shows are located there's no srt-files, just the old ones that work. So it doesnt download the files Sad

I've tried reinstall the addon and remove it from the addons folder in Windows then install it again. Same thing.

I found this in the debug log:
NOTICE: Opening Subtitle stream: 0 source: 1024
11:27:32 T:4036 ERROR: CDVDPlayerSubtitle::OpenStream - Unable to create subtitle parser
11:27:32 T:4036 WARNING: CDVDPlayer::OpenSubtitleStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
11:27:32 T:5180 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:2321381.081504, should be:2352001.094633, error:30620.013129

The complete log is here:
http://pastebin.com/Nm3qD10U

Thanks in advance.
(2012-03-24, 12:35)HerrNilsson Wrote: Hi

But if i download a new one, it doesnt work, tried from Opensubtitles among others.
If i check the folder where the TV-shows are located there's no srt-files, just the old ones that work. So it doesnt download the files Sad

I've tried reinstall the addon and remove it from the addons folder in Windows then install it again. Same thing.

11:27:32 T:4036 ERROR: CDVDPlayerSubtitle::OpenStream - Unable to create subtitle parser
11:27:32 T:4036 WARNING: CDVDPlayer::OpenSubtitleStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
11:27:32 T:5180 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:2321381.081504, should be:2352001.094633, error:30620.013129

Thanks in advance.

If you think it's the latest update you can roll it back to the previous version but looking at the log, you fail to download subtitle and hence nothing can be copied to movie folder
(2012-03-24, 12:46)amet Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

If you think it's the latest update you can roll it back to the previous version but looking at the log, you fail to download subtitle and hence nothing can be copied to movie folder

I updated to latest and it's the same problem. I've got permissions to access the folder. Getting crazy here! :O
Same thing here. Was running Eden RC2 then a few days back when I press the subtitle thing it starts to search online for subs then just pops back to the video. Thought it had something to do with the final release but no difference after update Sad
Same here too... Any help?
(2012-03-26, 15:58)aagobbo Wrote: Same here too... Any help?

with what? where is your Debug Log?
(2012-03-26, 16:00)amet Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 15:58)aagobbo Wrote: Same here too... Any help?

with what? where is your debug log?

The same problem of the topic... i can't give you a log now cause i'm not home... but i'll give when it's possible... but if something you gave him had some good effect, maybe it can help me too...

(2012-03-25, 14:59)HerrNilsson Wrote:
(2012-03-24, 12:46)amet Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I updated to latest and it's the same problem. I've got permissions to access the folder. Getting crazy here! :O

I see

Code:
11:27:32 T:1696   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Subscenter.service] - Failed to get url: http://www.subscenter.org/subtitle/download/en/114986/?v=Scrubs%20-%202x07%20-%20My%20First%20Step.en.srt

That means you didnt get the sub file and there was nothing to activate , does this happen all the time? Looks like you ad a lot of downloading activity when you we trying to download, maybe that's why it failed.

Hi
I have no subtitles since Eden RC1 on both macbook and my ubuntu desktop. It says it's downloading, extracting, the movie restarts playing, but no subs showing. There's no new subs file in the movie directory, but the downloaded(?!?!?!?) subs files show up in the audio/subtitles menu.
My mac says there is no "xbmc.log" file. I don't know about my desktop, I'm not home.

thanks

humbfig
http://pastebin.com/0fR9GaTp

this is the code from where I press "m" to bring up the osd, press subtitle, the video pauses and the screen comes up and it says it's searching and then it just closes and keeps playing the vid Sad
(2012-03-28, 22:45)martinxbmc Wrote: http://pastebin.com/0fR9GaTp

this is the code from where I press "m" to bring up the osd, press subtitle, the video pauses and the screen comes up and it says it's searching and then it just closes and keeps playing the vid Sad

that has no useful info Sad ... other services are fine?
everything else is working just fine Smile

BUT - the subtitle thing started working yesterday again. Just out of the blue. Maybe it was some problem with opensubs or something?

edit: nm it's not working again.. hmm
Subtitles works perfectly now - switched to the default skin and it was good.
Lately I got problems with the subtitles as well. I have tried to switch to the default skin, but still can't get it to work.

When I open the subtitles selection, when playing a TV show and it search and shows what it finds. Then I select the subtitle, it says downloading and then closes and continue playing, like it should, except that no subtitles are showed. When I open the subtitle window again, it says local subtitles available. Except for not showing any subtitles when playing, it all looks like it's working in XBMC. However, when I look at the drive, no subtitles has been downloaded and stored to the drive, and I have checked that there is writing permissions to the drive. What is the issue.

(Haven't posted any log before, so if it's needed, please let me know where to find it on my MacBook Pro and how to post it properly).
(2012-06-17, 17:17)usk78-dk Wrote: Lately I got problems with the subtitles as well. I have tried to switch to the default skin, but still can't get it to work.

When I open the subtitles selection, when playing a TV show and it search and shows what it finds. Then I select the subtitle, it says downloading and then closes and continue playing, like it should, except that no subtitles are showed. When I open the subtitle window again, it says local subtitles available. Except for not showing any subtitles when playing, it all looks like it's working in XBMC. However, when I look at the drive, no subtitles has been downloaded and stored to the drive, and I have checked that there is writing permissions to the drive. What is the issue.

(Haven't posted any log before, so if it's needed, please let me know where to find it on my MacBook Pro and how to post it properly).

check here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126495 few lines in red might have some info ... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with subtitle0