XBMCbuntu HW requirements - Update
Hello,

Thx team for the new 11.0 release. Been looking forward to it, but it also brings much apprehension because I'm a linux noob and getting my system to work was a major battle (Live 10.0 Dharma). Don't really want to change it, but I must to move forward.

Will this run on my system (see sig). Is there a difference in running this (full desktop) compared to the live version I'm running and the resources it requires to run?

What about remote issues? Does it work OOTB? (I have a windows remote that took a lot of effort to get working).

Also, what about audio over HDMI? Does it work OOTB?

And...is it easy to give file permissions to my 2nd HDD (this was a pain as well with live).

I guess I can test this can't I by booting from a USB stick instead of my SSD?

Appreciate the help.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Just tried 11.0 XBMCbuntu on a USB stick and everything seemed to work fine. Even audio over HDMI worked out of the box.

The only problem I encountered was Suspending with the remote power button. It seemed to crash the system. After switching back to the HDD, I realised my keymap in my current setup was probably modded to make the power button suspend - instead of powerdown (which is probably the stock option for the default keymap??). Regradless, the system didn't powerdown on its own. It stayed on a black screen showing a whole lot of text (perhaps waiting for user input??). Hitting the spacebar on my keyboard made it shutdown from there.

One question....how do you switch between XBMC and the linux desktop?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu HW requirements - Update0