new xbmcbuntu eden install screen is off
so i downloaded the new xbmcbuntu, and went to see about upgrading my main xbmc server
Zotac HD-ID11, hooked up to a Samsung FP-T5084 (1080p native)

however during the xbmcbuntu install, the installer windows are sized bigger than the actual display, so the bottom part of the installer windows cut off at the bottom and you can't read the OK / Next / Cancel buttons, etc..

any ideas, or have ot wait for a patch?
Same problem here on my 1366x768 display. I thought that there was a bootup switch on this to change the display pitch or something, but I'm finding it non-obvious.

Edit: Ah. No donator tag yet. Tongue Guess I have to ask for it or something.
Subtitles - Serious Business
(2012-03-25, 00:14)Zxurian Wrote: so i downloaded the new xbmcbuntu, and went to see about upgrading my main xbmc server
Zotac HD-ID11, hooked up to a Samsung FP-T5084 (1080p native)

however during the xbmcbuntu install, the installer windows are sized bigger than the actual display, so the bottom part of the installer windows cut off at the bottom and you can't read the OK / Next / Cancel buttons, etc..

any ideas, or have ot wait for a patch?

Same issue here with a 1080p display. My solution was to right-click on the title bar in the install window and select Move, and move it as necessary so I could navigate the installer. With enough common sense you'll be able to tell what to click where, and when it asks your time zone it'll have to be moved again.

Looks like your box has an nVidia GPU, so when install is complete you'll have to install the drivers by SSH'ing into your box and using wget to get the driver and install it. The drivers for nVidia GPUs are here:
Code:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/295.33/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.33.run

EDIT: In the middle of my configuration, can't seem to figure out how to get to the console, as the nVidia installer can't work with X running. Any tricks out there?
make sure you press enter at the initial screen to get to the "good" install menu where you can select install with fixed DPI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new xbmcbuntu eden install screen is off0