Random episode from TV show.
Here it is, plain and simple.

I need something that makes an option when you right click a TV show (or press c) that says "Play Random" or something.
That thing, when clicked, should pick a random episode from that TV show and play it. Simple as that.

I use Aeon MQ 2 and i'd rather not change.
There's a random items add-on script, but I believe the skin has to support it.
If you select a tv show and go to the context menu, there should be a selection that says "Play". If you select this it should play random episodes at whatever level you happen to be in when you select the context menu. It can be done at the show level or at the season level. Now...this is in Dharma but I don't think it should have changed.
By the way.. the context menu is "C" on your keyboard or on my remote it is "Guide"

Mark
(2012-03-25, 01:37)Ned Scott Wrote: There's a random items add-on script, but I believe the skin has to support it.

What script and how do i get my skin to support it?
(2012-03-25, 02:00)mwkurt Wrote: If you select a tv show and go to the context menu, there should be a selection that says "Play". If you select this it should play random episodes at whatever level you happen to be in when you select the context menu. It can be done at the show level or at the season level. Now...this is in Dharma but I don't think it should have changed.
By the way.. the context menu is "C" on your keyboard or on my remote it is "Guide"

Mark

Doesn't work, it plays from the first episode and then the second etc. Also i want it to be one episode, not several Smile
Probably easiest to just request the feature in the Aeon skin subforum: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=68
I can't do anything about it playing more than one episode but I can help you with the randomness. You need to go to "Now Playing", it is also in the context menu, select "Now playing", press the left arrow so the slide out menu appears. Scroll down this menu and see if have a selection called "Shuffle" or "random". If you do, select it. That should get you a random episode of that show.
I don't know how you could get it to stop at one episode. Of course you could always press "Stop", unless that is one step too many for you.

Mark
(2012-03-25, 04:10)mwkurt Wrote: I can't do anything about it playing more than one episode but I can help you with the randomness. You need to go to "Now Playing", it is also in the context menu, select "Now playing", press the left arrow so the slide out menu appears. Scroll down this menu and see if have a selection called "Shuffle" or "random". If you do, select it. That should get you a random episode of that show.
I don't know how you could get it to stop at one episode. Of course you could always press "Stop", unless that is one step too many for you.

Mark

And is there a way to put that in the Aeon menu bar for easy access?
Hello,

Not that I am aware of, sorry.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random episode from TV show.0