MySQL Library Dharma to Eden
I am in the process of upgrading my devices to Eden and before I do so I just wanted to check and make sure that there won't be any issues with my SQL library.
It should (in theory) just work, BUT, it's highly recommended to play it safe! Backup your library as an XML file (single file option), then nuke your old MySQL DBs (maybe back them up first for an additional backup, but make it so they're no longer being used). Make sure XBMC has the ability to make new databases. See HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Upgrading XBMC from v10 to v11 (wiki) for full details.
I'm having problems with MySQL. I did upgrade. I did nuke them. I tried a different server. They are slow. The music one is particularly painfully slow. Xbmc looks greater than ever. I'm sure that I will eventually figure it out. Meanwhile it gives me a puzzle to solve. I've followed the wiki instructions for the upgrade. I'm considering upgrading Linux mint 10 to 12 to see if it makes a diffence. Or perhaps better install the live cd?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Library Dharma to Eden0