No Audio outside of XBMC
I have been running XBMC on Xubuntu 10.04 on a Acer Revo R3600 - Currently have XBMC 11.0 Eden installed, Using HDMI and ALSA. Everything has been working great for sometime.

However I have one issues that has never been resolved; I have no audio outside of XBMC, When I exit out of XBMC or minimize it and use another application such as Firefox. I get no audio at all, audio works perfectly within XBMC but I get no sound out of any other application.

I have pasted asound.conf and .asoundrc below.

/usr/share/xbmc/system/asound.conf

/home/xbmc/.asoundrc
I have the same problem with subsonic, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126389, xbmc seems to have lock on the audio device, but i didn't figured this out either..
It does seem as if XBMC has a lock on all the audio output, however even if I close XBMC I still get no audio from any other source.

What else can be done to troubleshoot this!
has anyone ever figured this out? I run home automation software behind xbmc and cannot hear any announcements it makes when xbmc is running or minimized. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Try looking at this thread. It helped me get XBMC and squeezeslave to coexist. I didn't have to change my settings in XBMC, but for squeezeslave I had to set the audio output device to dmix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio outside of XBMC0