MySQL shared library editing... :)
Sorry if this has been addressed before, I've searched everywhere with very little luck.

Anyhow, heres my question:

My MySQL server and 4 xbmc boxes are working GREAT, however I'd like to polish my library (I have different versions of the same file, which would be nice to add that data to THAT file, et al. Also I'd like to make some changes to some other files.

Using NFO files is out of the question since I've already imported the whole (big) database various times, and I don't want it to get messed from the recent files to old files getting updated, therefore the only solution I think of is using something like MySQL Workbench.

My question is, I don't know how to use that app, and I don't wanna mess the DB, so if any of you guys could just point me out how to use it and how is the xbmc db built so that I can actually edit it without making a mess
Rather than make changes directly to the DB... You should take a look at XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643).

This allows you to manage/update your Movie database via a browser.
Hello vicbitter,

I've tried XWMM with little to no results, thats why Im inclining myself to use a more advanced tool for this task.

I hope someone would point me to the right direction Smile
I have used both XWMM and edited the MySQL DB directly. I have found both work without a hitch. Editing the MySQL DB directly is great when you need to do bulk updates. eg. I changed my NAS so I did a bulk SQL update to the change the Movie Paths.

My only word of caution when using a tool like MySQL Workbench is that you need to be familiar with SQL and DB schemas.

The following wiki gives you detailed information on the XBMC database (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_databases)
Thanks vicbitter!!!

BTW, do you know how to bulk change movie genres?

I've found some of the files listing like "Drama / Horror / Thriller" as 1 genre rather than 3 separate genres
Looking at my MySQL DB, it seems that column c14 in table movie contains the genres and I have multiple genres per Movie (entry). ie. "Drama / Horror / Thriller", etc

So I don't know if you can (or need to) separate the genres. Have you checked any of your Movies against IMDb to see if the genres match up?

Are you having problems when looking by genre in XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL shared library editing... :)0