• 5(current)
Changes to the skinning engine for XBMC Frodo
To be honest I didn't test it but I would hope not
Better late than never

2012-10-09 Advanced Library Filtering
  • new dialog DialogMediaFilter.xml (very similar to DialogAddonSettings.xml)
  • new control functionality "range slider" with two nibs to select a range
  • new container info booleans:
    • canfilter: true if simple title-based filtering is available, false if no or advanced filtering is available
    • canfilteradvanced: true if advanced filtering is available, false otherwise
    • filtered: true if any filter is active (whether title-based or advanced)
  • new action "Filter" which will trigger whatever filtering is available in a view. In case of title-based filtering it will show an input box with the on-screen keyboard and in case of advanced filtering it will open the advanced filtering dialog

In general the advanced filtering replaces the title-based filtering and the two filtering mechanisms can't coexist in a view i.e. either title-based filtering will work or advanced filtering will work but never both. advanced filtering is available in library views showing movies, tvshows, episodes, musicvideos, artists, albums or songs. In any other view the old title-based filtering will still be available. So in general what skinners need to change is to add something like
PHP Code:
<visible>Container.CanFilter + !Container.CanFilterAdvanced</visible
to the old title-based filter control with id="19" to only show it when available.
Whether a skin wants to support advanced filtering is up to the skinner. If that's the case a new radiobutton control needs to be added (no specific ID required) and the <onclick> event should fire the new "Filter" action. Furthermore the previously listed info labels should be used to only show the button when advanced filtering is available. This is how it looks in confluence
PHP Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="20">
    <
visible>Container.CanFilterAdvanced</visible>
    <
selected>Container.Filtered</selected>
    <
onclick>right</onclick>
    <
onclick>Filter</onclick>
</
control
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks Montellese for clarifying this.
Since i think many people (like me) would like the old title-based filtering method, IMHO the best way to do this is to add a setting (maybe in Appearance / File Lists settings screen) to enable/disable Advanced Filtering. No visible conditions, no new on-click action needed. The same button but with different action depending on the setting.

Of course skinners can do that in skin settings but i wish it will hardcoded to XBMC.

Cheers
Nessus
The advanced filtering can do title filtering as well (you can just ignore all the other filters) so I don't really see the advantage of a GUI setting. In addition we are trying hard to avoid any additional GUI settings which are not absolutely necessary because the more settings there are the more confusing it gets for users.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I am aware and i understand the intention of the team to avoid any additional GUI settings but... it never hurts to ask.

Thanks
Nessus
(2012-10-23, 16:23)Hitcher Wrote: There's something wrong with the double sliders in this new dialog - they don't animate if you press and hold left or right unlike the single ones.
this was fixed by Montellese with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1661
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
What is the window ID for DialogMediaFilter.xml? Confluence seems to be using 151 which in the wiki is DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml.
-edit, thnx ronie-
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-10-29, 19:25)MassIV Wrote: What is the window ID for DialogMediaFilter.xml?

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-10-29, 19:34)ronie Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 19:25)MassIV Wrote: What is the window ID for DialogMediaFilter.xml?

Thats odd because in Application.cpp it says
Quote:@line 1286: g_windowManager.Add(new CGUIDialogMediaFilter); // window id = 151
@line 1239: g_windowManager.Add(new CGUIDialogExtendedProgressBar); // window id = 148
which means that DialogExtendedProgressBar is wrong in confluence and the other is right?

btw I didn't add either window so I have no idea
(2012-10-30, 00:29)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 19:34)ronie Wrote:

Thats odd because in Application.cpp it says
Quote:@line 1286: g_windowManager.Add(new CGUIDialogMediaFilter); // window id = 151
@line 1239: g_windowManager.Add(new CGUIDialogExtendedProgressBar); // window id = 148
which means that DialogExtendedProgressBar is wrong in confluence and the other is right?

btw I didn't add either window so I have no idea

nobody said our code is perfect ;-)

guilib/Key.h
Code:
#define WINDOW_DIALOG_EXT_PROGRESS        10151
#define WINDOW_DIALOG_MEDIA_FILTER        10152
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Note that you should only really be using the name of the window, not it's id to reference things. I'll remove some of the comments floating around in the code so confusion doesn't happen again (Montellese has just fixed them all up, but better to just remove 'em).

I also strongly recommend you don't specify the id in the XML files - it's not read at all anyway, with the possible exception of custom windows.

If you want to add some documentation about the window, I'd suggest adding the window name in a comment or <description> tag.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-02, 15:24)ronie Wrote: 2012-06-02 Changed Infolabel

Container.TVShowThumb

Container.TVShowThumb can now also be used in the video info dialog

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/84e4...4f7e3d157b
forum post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1110513

This doesn't seem to work when in the recently added episodes node. Whereas ListItem.Property(TVShowThumb) would before. Any chance to remedy this?
Use ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster).

See - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142589
(2012-10-24, 13:32)Montellese Wrote: The advanced filtering can do title filtering as well (you can just ignore all the other filters) so I don't really see the advantage of a GUI setting. In addition we are trying hard to avoid any additional GUI settings which are not absolutely necessary because the more settings there are the more confusing it gets for users.

It doesn't need a GUI setting in XBMC, but if a skinner chooses to add the option to the skin (like I just did for Metropolis, because I also prefer the old method), the standard filter should continue to work even if Container.CanFilterAdvanced is true. As it is now, it doesn't. Can this be changed?
2012-11-07 Alignment changes

Slight change in vertical font alignment

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f849...ed6cbc7138
pull request: 1703 (PR)

Remove hardcoded center of some settings controls

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ed9a...47fef71a49
pull request: 1713 (PR)

forum discussion: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144052
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to the skinning engine for XBMC Frodo1