Subtitle suffix .srt
(2012-09-13, 17:00)Tycho91 Wrote: Bumping this since it still doesnt workSmile
Work is in progress, i.e., there's a PR for this feature.

(2012-09-13, 17:00)Tycho91 Wrote: Maybe add the ability to specify a default subtitle language or even audio language?
A lot of my movies have multiple subtitles and languages and dutch is never first in line so I always have to change it. I could remux them to only have 1 audio and 1 subtitle track but that would taken centuries.

This can already be done in the nightlies: system -> settings -> appearance -> international .
Of course, the subtitle and audio streams must have a language (code).
(2012-09-13, 19:01)ace20022 Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 17:00)Tycho91 Wrote: Bumping this since it still doesnt workSmile
Work is in progress, i.e., there's a PR for this feature.

(2012-09-13, 17:00)Tycho91 Wrote: Maybe add the ability to specify a default subtitle language or even audio language?
A lot of my movies have multiple subtitles and languages and dutch is never first in line so I always have to change it. I could remux them to only have 1 audio and 1 subtitle track but that would taken centuries.

This can already be done in the nightlies: system -> settings -> appearance -> international .
Of course, the subtitle and audio streams must have a language (code).

Great to see that it's already in progress! Any idea when a next version will be available?

But part 2 depends on part 1 to work Wink Big Grin
Since I'm not a team member, I can't give any dates. Pieh is working on the external subtitle features.
I made a PR for external audio tracks and stumbled upon the same things regarding language infos etc.
But for both PRs the review process has not even started yet.

Regarding part 2: you wrote that you have muxed files. For them the preferred audio and subtitle selection works (with a nightly or alpha version).
As I mentioned before the (muxed) tracks must have a language code set. If they haven't you can set it with mkvmerge/mkvpropedit or similar tools.
Yes I know, but that takes a lot of time. First I have to mux them together and then I need to make mkv's of them again.
Maybe we misunderstand each other, but making mkvs means muxing and altering an existing mkv with mkvpropedit is nearly instant.
On the other hand, you will also have to name external tracks correctly to get things work (in the future).
(2012-09-14, 10:28)ace20022 Wrote: Maybe we misunderstand each other, but making mkvs means muxing and altering an existing mkv with mkvpropedit is nearly instant.
On the other hand, you will also have to name external tracks correctly to get things work (in the future).

I did not know that could also been done that way. I'll check it out!
Any update on this request. You have my vote!
Guys i want to let you know there has been made progress see this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1365
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2012-12-07, 00:38)Baswazz Wrote: Guys i want to let you know there has been made progress see this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1365

I hope they include this in Frodo, but as they are in feature freeze, I don't think so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle suffix .srt6