• 7(current)
Solved Subtitles over UPnP streams
(2019-05-12, 12:00)marcolopes Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 19:44)Forage Wrote: The problem can be twofold, depending on which server you use:
1) Your server might serve the subtitles in a way only Samsung systems understand
2) XBMC does not support external subtitles through UPnP

Serving external subtitles is not part of the UPnP specs, and different vendors have therefore started using different methods. There are basically 2(/3) ways that are being used at the moment. If you can, give Serviio a quick try (it's a painless server for a quick test). At least that server uses both methods so you can determine if it's a server issue.

I do not know XBMC well enough to know if it supports external subtitles through UPnP in the first place, but I assume it is. Not using it myself though.

DLNA does not support subtitles but my Panasonic TV can handle them when using DLNA and KODI.

Is that possible because the PANASONIC has a "DLNA extension" (as the SAMSUNG tv have) and Kodi exploits that?

I'm confused! If i change brands will i have external subs with other TV brands?

How about internal subtitles (inside the video container)? 
Asking the same question again and again and again doesn't make it more likely you'll get an answer.
If someone posts about a specific tv working with a specific version of kodi you can (probably) rely on that.
My advice would be to use a local device running kodi plugged into your tv's HDMI.  That way the tv doesn't matter.
(2019-05-12, 12:04)Karellen Wrote: @marcolopes

This is the second historic thread you have resurrected to ask the same question you have asked elsewhere. In addition to a duplicate that has already been binned.

Any further new posts in other threads and they will be deleted.
BUt this is a good thread! Is has some tech info about the subject! maybe the users that posted here have an answer to this.
Ok, from now on, keep you questions confined to this thread. We don't tolerate multiple same questions scattered through the forum.

Asking ONCE is enough in this forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-12, 12:12)Karellen Wrote: Ok, from now on, keep you questions confined to this thread. We don't tolerate multiple same questions scattered through the forum.

Asking ONCE is enough in this forum.

Well, there shouldn't be so many threads talking about the same scattered around. Sorry... i will wait for someone to answer this thread.
Can Kodi support UPnP external subtitles when it plays both Server and Client?
Media file and subtitles are put on a HTTP-DAV server, and can be played well by Kodi as its own library.
Are any updates on the Subtitles over DLNA?

Any list of brands / supported models?
(2021-05-20, 06:18)marcolopes Wrote: Are any updates on the Subtitles over DLNA?

Have u tried Kodi 19.1 already?

I don't think much has changed in that department. You could either mux the subtitles into your video files (quick when using batch files), or start using a different file protocol.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles over UPnP streams1