XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep
My log, just after back from sleep and crash:

http://pastebin.com/a8QCDc0X
bump, nobody?
Sorry not yet. Maybe a dev will pop in to take a look sometime soon.
I have tried all versions of Catalyst drivers from past year as well, including the most recent 12.4. I don't think that's the issue in case that helps.
(2012-04-29, 21:44)pgjensen Wrote: I have tried all versions of Catalyst drivers from past year as well, including the most recent 12.4. I don't think that's the issue in case that helps.

I dont think this is a driver problem, i'm using a nvidia card
(2012-04-26, 13:11)gregnukem Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 00:28)chacolla Wrote: I tried that and now it won't even load at all. It closes it down successfully, but upon resume, I'm just staring at my desktop.

Try adding some delay right after resume from sleep, but prior to loading XBMC (100ms - 1000ms).

That still doesn't work. It only gives me the issue when I click on "Service Account" as suggested before. It just doesn't load for some reason.

If I click "All users" or "Specified user" and use my master account, it will load XBMC but all my videos and settings are gone. If I manually close and open XBMC, everything works fine.

What gives? This is annoying that I have to continually use a mouse to keep rebooting XBMC.
Since I set wakeup events controlled By OS instead of BIOS in the APM setup section of my bios I did not have a single crash anymore.
Only downside is that waking up by my MS MCE IR HOME remote doesn't work anymoRe.
(2012-05-04, 09:42)df1ech Wrote: Since I set wakeup events controlled By OS instead of BIOS in the APM setup section of my bios I did not have a single crash anymore.
Only downside is that waking up by my MS MCE IR HOME remote doesn't work anymoRe.

Hw to makepm events only controlled by SO?
Hello there, I just want to mention that yes, I have the same problem and I have a Zotac Nano AD10 too.
After reading all this thread, I still don't know of a concrete workaround for this issue. Please if someone here solved it, take 15 minutes to write down the steps you followed and share it with us.

Thanks.
Ok. Some updates/new installation broke even my not-so-perfect workaround (PowerTriggers gives me errors and refuses to work as before). Now XBMC gets black screen whenever resumed from sleep.

I hope somebody much more knowledgeable is reading this and this would help solve the problem. So... I noticed this issue is not exclusively related to XBMC. If there is no playback and/or the sound is muted, the sleep-resume cycles work just fine. If something is playing or the sound is unmuted (even if nothing is playing), Foobar2000, for instance, would get 'null' in the output devices section. Maybe it's somehow related to WASAPI sink? If the device gets invalidated then XBMC cannot recover for some reason. I don't know...
I get a similar problem on my MSI-E350IA-45. After resuming from sleep, the system takes 15 seconds to respond (this on an SSD drive too). When I watch movies, there's no sound and stutters really bad (plays at a few frames per second). I have to put the system back to sleep and resume again to fix it. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and Eden builds. Previously, I didn't have these problems with Windows 7 32bit and the Dharma builds.
XBMC was crashing after hibernation or sleep. I would have to quit it via Task Manager and then relaunch it.

Turning off "true full screen" seems to have fixed the problem.

Dell Vostro, Core 2 Duo, Win 7 x64, XBMC 11.0, Nvidia
I also have this problem on my Intel Atom based Acer Aspire Revo 3700, Windows 7 (64bit) & XBMC Eden.

This has been a outstanding bug for such a long time. Please can someone take a look? I have turned off all the wake by USB/PCI in the Bios which fixes the problem but means I can neither Wake on Lan or with the remote anymore. I will try the true full screen fix, thanks bcarter.

Does anybody know if the nightlies have a fix for this problem?
i used to have problem waking up. after resetting bios to default, everything works.

afaik, usually the issue is with the motherboard. not xbmc.
I've had this problem since i've installed XBMC (around 2 years ago)

Around 25% of the time, when my HTPC wakes from sleep then XBMC will crash, giving a windows error that the program needs to be closed (happens wether i am sitting in the home menu or on a paused movie)

This is very annoying and have been happenning since a very long time.

Does anyone have an idea where it could come from ?

- Windows 8 (had same problem with Windows 7)
- Latest version of XBMC (had same problem with earlier version)
- Aeon MQ3
- All drivers are up-to-date
- Same problem when using XBMC Launcher

Maybe it's a skin issue or an addon issue ? Everyone having the same problem should post the list of their installed addons and the skin they are using so we could check if we have common points.

There is also an option in my BIOS called "video repost on S3 wake"... i'm wondering if it could fix the problem. Haven't tried it yet.

Quote:I cannot replicate the issue 100% of the time. I noticed it is more likely to happen when TV/AVR is either off or on a wrong input, in other works when the HDMI output is missing for the HTPC. My best guess would be that it has something to do with the graphics/sound card driver that fails when trying to output to a missing HDMI.
For me it happens even when the AVR is set to the correct HDMI output. A few minutes ago i set my AVR to XBMC output, then put my computer to sleep and then when i woke it up XBMC crashed (without ever changing the HDMI output).

Quote:I am using a little different option than Hoox suggests. I'm not around my HTPC right now, so can't guarantee the exact names of the various tabs/options. But as far as I can remember, you've got to choose something like "service account" where you have xbmc.exe loaded upon system resume. Well, it works for me (loads XBMC with my profile).
If i am correct XBMCLauncher will do this for me, so that didnt fix the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep0