'Operation not permitted' when trying to access time capsule network drive over SMB
Sad 
Hi all,
when trying to access my time capsule from XBMC on iPad 2 5.0.1, i see my 'TCAPSULE' shared network resource however when i tap on it to access it I am getting an 'Operation not permitted' error. I am able to access from my XBMC on windows PC.
Also I am able to access any other network resources from my XBMC on my iPad.
anyone can help me figure out what is it that i'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Yeah post a debug xbmc.log (first link in my signature).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-26, 01:27)ssip96 Wrote: Hi all,
when trying to access my time capsule from XBMC on iPad 2 5.0.1, i see my 'TCAPSULE' shared network resource however when i tap on it to access it I am getting an 'Operation not permitted' error. I am able to access from my XBMC on windows PC.
Also I am able to access any other network resources from my XBMC on my iPad.
anyone can help me figure out what is it that i'm doing wrong?
Thanks

I had this same problem, but I found I could access the drive with my PC on. It was all down to what device was acting as the master browser, in my case it was my pc, after messing with some settings on my drive I got it going as the MB

Hopefully this is the same prob as I had, least it's something to look into

(2012-03-26, 09:07)Memphiz Wrote: Yeah post a debug xbmc.log (first link in my signature).
There it is:
http://pastesite.com/33544
Looks like your TC is configured in a way where it needs some authentication data (e.x. username and password). You could try to add the source by hand in the form like:

smb://username:password@TCAPSULE/SharedFolder

Beside that i would recommend to use the IP of the TC instead of the TCAPSULE name.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-27, 09:17)Memphiz Wrote: Looks like your TC is configured in a way where it needs some authentication data (e.x. username and password). You could try to add the source by hand in the form like:

Beside that i would recommend to use the IP of the TC instead of the TCAPSULE name.

Thank you.
Will try and post the results here.
(2012-03-27, 09:17)Memphiz Wrote: Looks like your TC is configured in a way where it needs some authentication data (e.x. username and password). You could try to add the source by hand in the form like:

Still an issue:
http://pastebin.com/AZf8iic1
(2012-03-27, 21:26)ssip96 Wrote:

Still an issue:
http://pastebin.com/AZf8iic1
Scratch that! Just had the wrong password. Got it to work! Thanks so much
What is considered the username? I have tried this smb://username:password@ipaddress/folder every way I can think of. All I get is "Operation not permitted"..."Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

I had this working in Kodi 14.2 using crystalbuntu on my apple tv. I am using osmc with Kodi 16.1 now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Operation not permitted' when trying to access time capsule network drive over SMB0