XBMCbuntu on Raspberry Pi?
Would it be possible to install XBMCbuntu on a 8GB (or larger) SD card to run on RaspberryPi? I ordered a RaspberryPi unit, but it will probably only arrive in May/June for me to test this.

If so, I'm excited to see if this could be a viable low cost HTPC solution- we've already seen the RaspberryPi running OpenELEC - how would this differ from running XBMCbuntu?
Keep checking this site for more information about XMBC on pi
http://www.raspbmc.com/
Oh cool thanks- so to answer my question: XBMCbuntu will probably not work standalone on RaspberryPi, correct? Waiting for this build?
No i don't think it ever will either.
XBMCbuntu minimum and recommended hardware requirements

x86 (Intel/AMD-based) processor computer capable of booting to CD-ROM.

as the ras pi is a ARM processor.
i am very much looking forward to using xbmc with my pi. mine should be here sometime next month if all goes well Tongue Cant wait
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/571
K cool thanks! Yeah can't wait for my pi too- got big plans for it already!
Hey guys...

I WANT to get excited about XBMC on the Rpi as I have the same order in as you guys with an estimated ship date of 6MAY. But I cant get too excited until someone reveals in this community how it is working and what the performance is with different features within XBMC. If there is a link to a review similar to what I'm asking, please share it with me. As of now, I'm anxious but not excited until I hear a positive review. Thanx!!

EDIT** Wow, just checked expected ship date is now 2April12 which is next week.. Okay, a lil' excited!!
(2012-03-27, 21:28)CpTHOOK Wrote: Hey guys...

I WANT to get excited about XBMC on the Rpi as I have the same order in as you guys with an estimated ship date of 6MAY. But I cant get too excited until someone reveals in this community how it is working and what the performance is with different features within XBMC. If there is a link to a review similar to what I'm asking, please share it with me. As of now, I'm anxious but not excited until I hear a positive review. Thanx!!

EDIT** Wow, just checked expected ship date is now 2April12 which is next week.. Okay, a lil' excited!!

not bad mine is
RASPBERRY-PI
RASPBRRY-PCBA 1 1 $35.00 Each Back Order
Expected Ship Date
30 Mar 2012
did you check out that video in the link i provided? it shows xbmc working on pi
Great news.... looks like you will get yours soon. I checked out the link, but I didnt see the video. I will check again, thanx!!
The first shipments were apparently sent back to the manufacturer for a problem with the LAN connectors and are going though testing again,
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yeah my Pi is expected to ship April 2nd- I'll make sure to update you guys as soon as I can get something up and running on it.
Maybe not full XMBCbuntu, but there is XBMC in the works for the Pi, which will be enough for most users I should hope Big Grin

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/571

Has anyone else received the shipping delay notice. Shipping date has now been pushed out until August for me!
Did anyone here from the States order one? What was the price on the international shipping? Maybe you could list the closest major metropolitan city as a point of reference?
I did. Shipping was around $10 for me. To DC.
still looks slow to me :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu on Raspberry Pi?0