XBMC does not remain fullscreen after changing tv power or input
Hi folks,

DETAILS: I'm facing a small issue which is irritating because it necessitates a keyboard to resolve and ruins the experience to some extent. I'm running XBMC Frodo in full-screen windowed mode on Windows 7. My display is a 43" Samsung Plasma tv connected via HDMI (If this is relevant let me know). Both XMBC and the desktop resolution are set to 1920 x 1080. I'm using a AMD A8-3870K CPU with a built in GPU, AMD Radeon HD 6550D.

ISSUE: When the TV is either turned off or the input is changed and then turned back on or reverted to my HDMI stream XBMC now anchors to the upper right hand corner and covers only about 1/3 of the screen. All it takes is two quick Alt+Tabs to get it back where it needs to be, but I would like to be able to put away my keyboard and mouse except for updating content.

Please let me know what other details may be relevant.

Anyone have any idea how I can resolve this issue?
i have the same problem and this driving me really nuts.
with "xbmc launcher" i had also problems. some times xbmc has wrong resolution after turning tv on or sometimes the screen is garbled.

my setup: AMD A-6 3500 (cpu & ati grafic unit), windows 8 pro 64bit, latest catalyst beta. hdmi on an onkyo AV receiver ending in a panasonic full hd plasma tv.

if someone knows the perfect settings for xbmc and xbmc laucher to have all the time fullscreen also after switching of receiver and tv, please let it us know!
I have the EXACT same problem, but usually only occurs after the TV has been completely turned off, or has gone to sleep. A quick input change doesn't cause XBMC to revert to a corner of the screen. Anyone find a solution to this? Running it from Win7 box through HDMI to TV.
I too have the problem. Here's a thread that is supposed to fix the problem. I have yet to try it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158432

Let us know the outcome...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
For ATI graphic cards this solution might work: disable "AMD External Events Utility" service in services. Now XBMC doesn`t get resized after turning off receiver and TV.
The solution with blocking pin 19 did not work on my side. When turning on the TV stays black and doesn`t get detected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not remain fullscreen after changing tv power or input0